Florida Cup 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get the negativity towards Broadhead, he worked hard , won a penalty and forced the keeper into a good save from limited chances.

Kean in the first half had a better chance from a cross and put it over

Not negativity really, just an acknowledgement the lad isn't going to be good enough for what we need.

He looks good enough to have a good career at Championship level, no shame in that.

Had a one on one with the keeper and didn’t have a clue how to finish it.
I would love us to get a coach for our strikers and just coach them on finishing.
DCL would benefit massively on that..

But big dunc is the best striker coach in the WHOLE WORLD!!??

That's true actually. We've got money for that. Look at how Martinez somehow got Thierry Henry. It's a shame that Graeme Jones is now an 'elite coach' and we don't have him, but it would be great if we could do something like that - like an ex-Amazing striker, or someone just for inspiration

Not negativity really, just an acknowledgement the lad isn't going to be good enough for what we need.

He looks good enough to have a good career at Championship level, no shame in that.

You get the same feeling with Gordon that he wont ever be good enough to be a top half PL player.

The last half decent player we had come through the ranks is Barkley and even he has stagnated over the years.

You get the same feeling with Gordon that he wont ever be good enough to be a top half PL player.

The last half decent player we had come through the ranks is Barkley and even he has stagnated over the years.

Gordon just makes the wrong decisions all the time, or when he makes the right one his execution lets him down. It looks like in his head he's got everything needed to be a proper top player, but his feet won't listen to him.

A moment last night where he had the right idea - knock the ball past a tiring defender and run the line on the counter - and he tried just that... and just prodded the ball out of play.

It's a shame but the leap between decent prospect and decent Premier League pro is massive and it's not a surprise most don't make it. For me, Gordon isn't a write-off for us yet, but I'd be more surprised at him making the grade than I would seeing him in the Championship in 12-18 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.