Florida Cup 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Second half clearly better then first but overall I thought we tried to play far more forward/ vertical passes then last season.

maybe that’s a thing to keep an eye on. Hopefully an area Rafael has identified from last season.

We’ll see…

Had a one on one with the keeper and didn’t have a clue how to finish it.
I would love us to get a coach for our strikers and just coach them on finishing.
DCL would benefit massively on that..

….I’ve seen him score plenty of one-on-one at U23 level, including dink over the keeper.

I think it is just aligned to being a good finisher & I believe Broadhead is a decent finisher. I think the expression ‘natural finisher’ is often used, Broadhead is perhaps more in that category than DCL.

Those players have a picture in their mind of where they are in relation to the posts and they’ll assume the keepers position. They drop down a level and are composed.

One-on-Ones are a little different, you have time to think and can see whats in front of you. Sliding down the side of the keeper is so much easier in youth football but as you get through higher ranks that gets more difficult and it’s about side footing as keeper is getting set (Rush was brilliant at it).

DCL might get better but I think he’ll always be in the category you ‘hope he scores’ rather than ‘expecting him to score’. The thing is with athletes like him, is he’s capable of scoring goals others can’t because if his sheer physicality.

Thought their right back, Andrés Felipe Román was excellent first half.

Electric pace, gave Digne the run around and linked well with his teammates too.

He missed out on a move to Boca Juniors over a medical issue.

Seen any of him and PSG last season? Couple of his goals were not tap ins. And it's only what DCL does. "Tap ins"?

I saw enough to see him get fed plenty of chances yes. He's a decetn finisher,

Not so decent out of the box, as shown again last night.

Sans DCL and maybe Mina, the XI at the beginning was I suspect the starting team for the Southampton match.

We looked tactically well drilled and commited for a pre-season game but Millanarios better rhythm being mid-season for them won out I think.

Townsend was the stand out for us first half. Looked very effective when he got on the ball, both footed and direct, backing himself one and one.

Second half when both teams made a slew of changes, we definitely took the upper hand. I was impressed by our changes in trying to make a point to the new manager. Gomes and Gbamin both having a big influence on our control of the game in the last half hour.

Gray was effective and impactful and definitely impressed me, dispatching his pens comfortably.

Broadhead looked lively but lacking end-product through lack of composure. At 23, you'd have to wonder if he will gain those traits at all now. Offered more than Kean in stretching their defence though.

It should be be noted Coleman was absolutely not amused by the Despicable Me characters parading around the pitch at the start promoting Universal Studios. He went out of his way to avoid being stood near them in any photographs and I found that very funny.

Seeing as though Florida is like a second home to me in normal times, glad there's a literal Mickey Mouse cup in the cabinet now.

Any Milonairos players worth chucking a bid on?
Looked decent but don't know how much of that was down to fitness levels. Digne got bypassed several times by a speedster and the midfield was quite dominant in the 1st half especially. Many looked more comfortable on the ball than ours. 2nd half we got to grips with them

Thought we were awful 1st half, a lot better 2nd half, 3 signings -the keeper and Gray were excellent for me, Townsend unlucky with that shot, kean was well just kean that 1st half and missed that sitter header, excellent pens nearly all around from both teams

If for some reason you didnt watch it Live, Game is on Freesports Channel 64 at 4.30 today for those that dont know, with 2nd game on that channel at 9.30 Thursday night if you dont watch that 2nd game Live

Status
Not open for further replies.