Florida Cup 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too many times you see a game when a lot of subs are made and game goes stale. I thought we looked very sharp. Gray and broadhead in particular looked promising.

How was Nathan Broadhead? He had a nice flick in second half when he ran from the middle of the park and nearly got one in the net.
Had a one on one with the keeper and didn’t have a clue how to finish it.
I would love us to get a coach for our strikers and just coach them on finishing.
DCL would benefit massively on that..

A lot of positives in the game. Gray and GP made the difference second half. Begovic was excellent throughout

Mad game that.

Would say our first half team was closer to our starting 11 to the second half team, but we were tenfold better in the second half.

I like the look of gray though, fast, confident and always wants the ball... We've not had that in yonks

Mad game that.

Would say our first half team was closer to our starting 11 to the second half team, but we were tenfold better in the second half.

I like the look of gray though, fast, confident and always wants the ball... We've not had that in yonks
Was a big call by Gray to take the ball off Gordon and then take the penno to equalise.
Fair play to him for showing that confidence.
Not in a jarg Mirrallas way either, if you know what I mean.

Cant wait for Gordon's first goal for us, he always seems to hit the post or bar, think one cup game last year, he hit the woodwork three times alone. Must be so frustrating.

A better game than I expected. Our fitness levels were quite good and I thought the players worked hard and contested from start to finish
we must remember we were playing a team half way through their championship and more used to playing in the heat and humidity than Everton.

On the night all three new signings did really well. They can be happy with themselves.

I thought Doucoure struggled a bit in the heat and Allan tackled everything that moved.
Unfortunately again I thought Iwobi was ineffective as was James on the night.
The defence generally did well but were under a lot of pressure in the first half.
I thought Kean was decent, a bit isolated but looked a threat at times.

A lot of changes at half time and was impressed with Broadhead and Gordon in particular. Both looked very bright.

Not certain Gibson and Anderson are up to this level although neither did badly.

Gaming is huge and got half a game of no nonsense football under his belt but I think it will take a little longer to get fully up to speed.

Decent run out all round, good attitude by the players and some decent football played.

Still only an early preseason friendly though.

Status
Not open for further replies.