fixtures 20/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had a theory on this for years, hear me out.......

Every year, to drive interest and swirl a bit of a storyline during the early part of the PL season, SKY, BT and the PL come together to throw a high profile manager under the proverbial bus, with a ridiculous first 6 games

Wenger got this treatment twice, Mourinho at Man U and Rodgers the year after the collapse.

Carlo ticks all the boxes for this narrative and I'm speculating a tough first 6, with them around game 6. Unlike normal seasons, collecting 10/11 points from our first 6 games while top 6 are cold & then winning 6 in a row to be 3rd by November

Leeds away first game, will end up 2-2 like every season we play a promoted team first game! We will then face Arsenal (h) and Burnley (a). Boxing Day will be Newcastle, Man Utd in April and final fixture away vs Chelsea.That is my prediction and generally the norm (especially Manure in spring time).

Every year, to drive interest and swirl a bit of a storyline during the early part of the PL season, SKY, BT and the PL come together to throw a high profile manager under the proverbial bus, with a ridiculous first 6 games

Wenger got this treatment twice, Mourinho at Man U and Rodgers the year after the collapse.

Carlo ticks all the boxes for this narrative and I'm speculating a tough first 6, with them around game 6. Unlike normal seasons, collecting 10/11 points from our first 6 games while top 6 are cold & then winning 6 in a row to be 3rd by November

Dont do this to yourself

3F1C4D80-46ED-4FD7-97B5-4C57DDD94E7E.jpeg

This was on twitter the other day

We'd need to be a big team Sky give a toss about first mate.

Prediction - First five:
Arsenal (H)
Leeds (A)
Brighton (H)
West Brom (A)
Wolves (H)

Boxing day:
Man Utd (H)

New years:
Leicester (A)

First derby has been away for 3 straight seasons, so tomorrow I think we'll break that streak... can't have an empty big stand for the Anfield drubbing can we? Of course, that means we could theoretically be waiting until spring 2022 for the next Goodison derby with a crowd..... three years.

Disgraceful. You know its going to turn out that way. Assuming we aren't relegated in 2021 of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.