fixtures 20/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't that a request because them lot hadn't finished their stand? Think they played most of their early fixtures away that season... Or I could be wrong.

True that actually. They didn't play their first home game til September that year i think

The opportunity to troll the life out of the RS exists, we just need things to drop our way. Imagine going to city last day of the season when they are a point ahead of the RS

I’m not bothered about fixture conspiracy etc, but annoying that first, last and Boxing Day are all away, as they’re my favourites home games.

First won’t make a difference this year to be fair, as will still be no fans at that point.

Christ, so many cry arses in this thread.
I know Everton were in the relegation area after these games but were you all moaning last season when the first 6 games were

Away Palace
Home Watford
Away Villa
Home Wolves
Away Bournemouth.
Home Sheffield Utd.

Get a grip FFS!

That opening week basically guaranteed the rs top spot from week one

Bent as
You reckon? I'd rather have City's game tbh. Leeds will be well up for that game, and will prob be a decent side next year, poss as good as/better than Villa.

Compare that to Liverpool.

Their 'CAT A' games at home in 2020? Arsenal.
They also have Spurs and Leicester at 'Home' before Jan.

Breaking news -
Everton to play every other Premiership team twice. Once at home and once away.
That is SO unfair :mad:
Well in some ways it's more 'some at Home, some Away, some "Neutral" (no fans)'...
so moaning does? Do you think Carlo and the players think oh no we have to play these then or here they’re etc? No exactly deal with it
Pretty much every sports person/team ever has referenced the edge playing in front of a home crowd gives them, so yes, I do think the team will care when/where we play other teams.

All our tough away games at the back end of the season when the fans are back, quelle surprise
Apart from the lack of fans for some of the ‘bigger’ hour games and a shaky Christmas, it’s not as bad as I’ve seen in recent years
Hmm so our derby has no home advantage, yet the reverse fixture will probably see a packed Anfield

Be interesting to know how many big matches they have at home next year
Overall the spread of games is good imo, no really bad runs of games. People complaining about 1st game/Boxing Day being away, but as there will/might be no fans for those games, it might not be such a bad thing to have it that way this year.

The main issue is, as plenty have posted, having nearly all our games against top teams home first and away second. If crowds do come back in a significant way in Jan for example, not only is that a notable disadvantage on the pitch, but those are the games with the most fans in the ground. Most tickets sold, most money spent in the bars/shop etc. It might not be a massive amount, but on top of all the other money we're already set to lose it all adds up.

Status
Not open for further replies.