FIXTURE CHANGES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right, so I'll be traveling half way round the world come February and a big part of that plan is to ensure I will be in town at the same time Everton plays the football at the Goodison place.

The chosen game is on Wednesday Feb 4, against Newcastle. A nice rabid Goodison snarling at Geordies under lights should be the perfect way to first experience Everton live.

Anyway, naturally there is a big risk at banking a whole trip (really, sod the rest of Europe) on one game that could potentially get moved. However I am 95% confident that this game is safe for the following reasons:

- It's a full midweek round, and this is the only game on the Thursday. If, for some reason, the TV peoples pick it up, it surely wouldn't even need moving.

- These two poverty clubs aren't in European competition.

- The FA Cup 4th round games are played the preceding weekend, and if a replay was required it would surely be played the following midweek, which is free.

- Low chance of very wind, Ric Wee style situation.

Somebody please tell me my logic is infallible and I have no need to panic for seven months. Please?

Sure you'll be fine mate. The Premier League only have two or 3 midweeks protected for fixtures so it'll be pretty much guaranteed that no games will be moved. The thing you may be optimistic on though is the wind!

Right, so I'll be traveling half way round the world come February and a big part of that plan is to ensure I will be in town at the same time Everton plays the football at the Goodison place.

The chosen game is on Wednesday Feb 4, against Newcastle. A nice rabid Goodison snarling at Geordies under lights should be the perfect way to first experience Everton live.

Anyway, naturally there is a big risk at banking a whole trip (really, sod the rest of Europe) on one game that could potentially get moved. However I am 95% confident that this game is safe for the following reasons:

- It's a full midweek round, and this is the only game on the Thursday. If, for some reason, the TV peoples pick it up, it surely wouldn't even need moving.

- These two poverty clubs aren't in European competition.

- The FA Cup 4th round games are played the preceding weekend, and if a replay was required it would surely be played the following midweek, which is free.

- Low chance of very wind, Ric Wee style situation.

Somebody please tell me my logic is infallible and I have no need to panic for seven months. Please?

That round of fixtures will only be on the Tuesday or Wednesday, so if you can make sure you're in town for both nights you'll be absolutely fine (weather permitting).

Depends on TV Coverage, but definitely Tuesday-Weds.

Sure you'll be fine mate. The Premier League only have two or 3 midweeks protected for fixtures so it'll be pretty much guaranteed that no games will be moved. The thing you may be optimistic on though is the wind!

That round of fixtures will only be on the Tuesday or Wednesday, so if you can make sure you're in town for both nights you'll be absolutely fine (weather permitting).

Thank you guys. I don't know why I said Thursday (probably looking at when it would be on over here), but yeah, I'm banking on being there on the Wednesday its scheduled, so it should be all good.

I tried to remember what the weather was like for last season's games in Feb, and from memory it was fine. So if I get Ric Wee'd I will certainly be blowing up.

I will give you the first weekend live games now from educated guess. 1) Man utd v Spurs.
2) West Brom v Man City 3) Stoke v BT Liverpool and 4) Bournemouth v Villa.
Our game will not be live as they will keep Watford,s few live appearances for the Arsenal/Spurs/Chelsea, Man Utd visits.

Status
Not open for further replies.