Fixture Changes : 2018-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
there was rumours on twitter last week (I know!) about the arsenal game getting put back to Saturday with just over 2 weeks notice.
mainly due to the league cup schedule.
its getting beyond a joke now and starting to get like la liga were the tv is announced the week before,
its only a matter of time before everton fans get shafted big time!
ill be shocked if Chelsea are forced to play thurs-sun-tues and fully expect everton to bend over for sky/Chelsea and play the league cup game on the Tuesday!

I can see where Everton are coming from with regards to the fact that tickets haven't gone on sale yet for the match, but for future reference it would be good to know exactly what the "designated timescale permitted as part of the Premier League's broadcast agreement" is, so people could at least have some assurances before committing to travel / accommodation.

I personally think that once the TV fixtures are announced, that they should be set in stone. If the Spurs game is moved due to their stadium problem, why the hell should that affect us? If it means Sky lose a Sunday 4pm game, that's totally down to Spurs, and Spurs should compensate Sky for any revenue lost.

Yeah there should be a publically known cut off point where a game cannot be moved for tv. And to be fair, this game isn't for another 7 or so weeks so probably falls well within any time limit.

Sky pays the money, they calls the shots unfortunatly, the problem fans have is the longer you leave it to book travel and stuff the more expensive it gets.

Something does need to be done so fans know exactly where they stand.

Another thing is that on that same Sunday there is a Burnley/Chelsea game on that kicks off at 1.30pm. Obviously some of there fans will have made arrangements for that ko time but that might have been a better option to put kick off back till 4pm for that game.

Status
Not open for further replies.