Fitness

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't rotate because the squad is thin and the drop-off from the first team is substantial.

If you don't rotate, players get tired. Tired players don't protect their bodies as well and pick up injuries. This then makes the squad even thinner, and the vicious cycle continues.

The festive fixtures are more or less a microcosm of the fixture congestion the big fish deal with year round. I'm not surprised that players are gassed. I'm just hoping that we get through the next couple of weeks with some points and without more guys on the treatment table.

Is this an Everton forum?

Fitness issues? I read the other day we have more pros in our books than any other club in UK. We are not in Europe and out if the cup.

In the next 7 months (210 days) we will have endured 16 torrid Prem league matches.
I hope we rotate and manage to keep the lads fit.

1 game every 2 weeks - in that 7 months most of our players will earn around £2mill each.

Is this an Everton forum?

Fitness issues? I read the other day we have more pros in our books than any other club in UK. We are not in Europe and out if the cup.

In the next 7 months (210 days) we will have endured 16 torrid Prem league matches.
I hope we rotate and manage to keep the lads fit.

1 game every 2 weeks - in that 7 months most of our players will earn around £2mill each.

I didn’t realise the PL had arranged our games once every two weeks???

of course, you could say these Pros will only play another 200 top flight games in their life. What’s that? One game every two or three months?

Klopp understands the importance of rest. Hence why he played kids against us last week. Salah has been rested quite a few times this season.

Do me a favour, go and look at their playing stats over the last 3 years. 3 full seasons, 3 full European campaigns to the final. 3 major tournaments across each of the summers in which their players have played. With 1 of the smallest rotational squads I've seen.

You think they rest and rotate a lot? They have used around 18 players consistently for 90% of their games. Sprint for 90+ minutes, twice a week, plus travel. Never fatigued. Barely ever get strains or recovery based injuries and their long term injuries return faster than most. Chamberlain left Dubai on Crutches, played against us.

If you think everything they do is above board, you ain't been watching close enough. Go and watch Gary O'connors interview with Si Ferry, around the 32 minute mark, about his time in Russia, and get back to me.

We don't rotate because the squad is thin and the drop-off from the first team is substantial.

If you don't rotate, players get tired. Tired players don't protect their bodies as well and pick up injuries. This then makes the squad even thinner, and the vicious cycle continues.

The festive fixtures are more or less a microcosm of the fixture congestion the big fish deal with year round. I'm not surprised that players are gassed. I'm just hoping that we get through the next couple of weeks with some points and without more guys on the treatment table.

^
This.

Klopp discovered in his first two season that his team couldn't managed the high intensity game and picked up high number of injuries. He has since resorted squad rotation.

Do me a favour, go and look at their playing stats over the last 3 years. 3 full seasons, 3 full European campaigns to the final. 3 major tournaments across each of the summers in which their players have played. With 1 of the smallest rotational squads I've seen.

You think they rest and rotate a lot? They have used around 18 players consistently for 90% of their games. Sprint for 90+ minutes, twice a week, plus travel. Never fatigued. Barely ever get strains or recovery based injuries and their long term injuries return faster than most. Chamberlain left Dubai on Crutches, played against us.

If you think everything they do is above board, you ain't been watching close enough. Go and watch Gary O'connors interview with Si Ferry, around the 32 minute mark, about his time in Russia, and get back to me.

Jurgen Klopp defends rotation policy: "All the players have two games a week"

Fitness or mentality - fight.

League tables both halves :

EO-TtNDXUAECo81

EO-TtNGWoAEEbs7

It's very hard to work on fitness or strength during the season when there's so little time between games
Either players need breaks from the squad or we need to play U23s in a cup competition

Status
Not open for further replies.