First Everton Goal of Your Life

CahillsCornerFlag

Player Valuation: £70m
Pat Nevin in a 2-1 away loss at Chelsea. Could’ve had a goal on the day I was born but we lost 1-0 away at Man City so I had to wait a week, Everton that.

winks74

Player Valuation: £150k
We got smashed 5.0 to QPR the day I was born, Week later we beat Aston villa 2.1, jones getting both goals.

Bluechew

Player Valuation: £500k
Martin Dobson in a 2 nil win over Newcastle 1977. apparently Drew Brand and Ken McNaught played their last Everton games.

Stutheblue

Player Valuation: £25m
Versus Luton Town in a League Cup tie in 1968. Aged 6. Totally star struck by Alan Ball, Royle, Harvey, Kendall and all!
Gwladys Street upper stand. Near the front. Night match. Won 5-1! Can't remember who scored though! But that was me hook line and sinker!
My arl fella did his duty and got me hooked early. Mind you it wasn't difficult as we were a very good side.

Eggs

Versus Luton Town in a League Cup tie in 1968. Aged 6. Totally star struck by Alan Ball, Royle, Harvey, Kendall and all!
Gwladys Street upper stand. Near the front. Night match. Won 5-1! Can't remember who scored though! But that was me hook line and sinker!
My arl fella did his duty and got me hooked early. Mind you it wasn't difficult as we were a very good side.
....the thread is more about who scored the first Everton goal after you was born.

Eggs

Just checked it.
A day after I was born we beat Cardiff City 8-3 at Goodison Park on 28/4/62.
Alex Young opened the scoring in the 9th minute. Very apt as he was my Dads favourite player!
...what an introduction to the world, Stu, and how appropriate the Golden Vision scored for your proud Dad. I might have actually been at that game myself.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.