First Everton Goal of Your Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
First game I ever watched on tv was mark ward half volley after Dave Watson had flicked it on agains Oldham. 1992 I think

First live goal at a game was either Cotten against arse at goodies on in a 1-1

Or graham stuart header against spurs at goodison , was almost Brett angel which would have been a different shout to most on here , but, he managed to hit the bar from 3 yards out so it was Stuart I believe

Litterally the last kick of the game. I was just on my way out and stopped at the top of the steps to watch the corner being taken.
I was in the Gwladys that night and I thought we were lucky that goal was allowed. I don't remember why though. I think David was
a bit vigorous getting to the ball.

Reactions: kev
Cottee 1-0 V Oldham

we played on the day I was born never scored
for 3 games on the bounce until then, typical ffs.

Great character Wally Fielding. Can still see him with shirt cuffs clasped in both hands. Usually seen with a fag in his mouth. Most unfit looking player but my, he was good.
I've told this story before, but I was walking up Goodison Rd one Saturday on the way to the boy's pen. Wally was coming the other way with
Bobby Collins who my favourite player at the time. As I got near I said something to Bobby that an awestruck lad would say, and Wally said 'F... off'
I think Bobby was as shocked as me by the look on his face, but I saw the funny side of it later and I still enjoy the memory.

Pat Nevin in a 3-2 home loss against Leeds apparently.

If its the one I think, Big Nev came out at half time and sat against the post. Neil McDonald missed a penalty as well at 1-0 down which would have changed the course of the game. We lost 3-1 at Coventry a few days later where Nev got a load of stick from us travelling fans

First goal i remember watching was Adrian Heath in a 2-1 defeat to Watford in 1987.

Just checked and realised we beat the Pool 2-1 on the day i was born.

Just check your birth date on this link Steve to find the first Everton goal scorer of your life time.

Thanks . It was Harry Catterick in an 8-3 defeat to Stoke(!!!) end of August 1941, the first game after the resumption of football since war broke out. Anyne who was aware of Everton before that, is 80 years old!!(I'm 78 in July)

I've told this story before, but I was walking up Goodison Rd one Saturday on the way to the boy's pen. Wally was coming the other way with
Bobby Collins who my favourite player at the time. As I got near I said something to Bobby that an awestruck lad would say, and Wally said 'F... off'
I think Bobby was as shocked as me by the look on his face, but I saw the funny side of it later and I still enjoy the memory.

The f word must have been a favourite of Wallys. I was very young, just able to peer over the wall at the front of the paddock, when Wally chased a ball right in front of me. He missed it and ran into the wall right in front of me,looked me in the eye and said' ***** son, I'm *****d'. Years later I met him in his newsagents shop near White Hart Lane(sent there by Ted Ditchburn, who had a shop nearby) and reminded him of the incident. His response was '**** me, I don't remember that, although I do remember being ****** most of that last season.'

Great player was Nobby Fielding, in his prime. Known as 'The best uncapped inside forward(!) in the country,because he never got an international call up.

Thanks . It was Harry Catterick in an 8-3 defeat to Stoke(!!!) end of August 1941, the first game after the resumption of football since war broke out. Anyne who was aware of Everton before that, is 80 years old!!(I'm 78 in July)

Nice one Steve.
I think we just have one octagenarian on the forum ie @Methuselah (although maybe others are lurking) ;)

Arsenal 1 - 1 away. Scorer T Gillick. (25th March 1936)

Thanks Eggs. Misread the title of the thread. Thought it was first game attended.

Joe Royle in a home FA Cup 5th Rnd 2-0 win v Tranmere

In the League the 1st 3 all scored by Alan Ball away at West Brom in a 6-2 Win, he got 4.

We went 10 games unbeaten after I was Born winning 9 of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.