First 8 Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think people just really wanted it to work with Ancelotti because of his name and achievements even if they knew he messed up, It's easy to fall into that trap.
We desperately needed a bit of quality in January to reinforce us in our challenge for Europe - we were second at Christmas - but Marcel Brands came up with Josh King. We were still in with a sniff by May, but we crumbled in key home games while clinging on by winning at unlikely places on an away run that rivaled title-winning form. Carlo was close. Senor Benitez hasn't been backed this summer either. So we see a pattern. For all his immediate impact - and it's been excellent - he will inevitably be left down by squad depth. We're in a good moment - just as we were this time last season - but it won't last. We're not built to last after two effectively barren windows in a row.

We desperately needed a bit of quality in January to reinforce us in our challenge for Europe - we were second at Christmas - but Marcel Brands came up with Josh King. We were still in with a sniff by May, but we crumbled in key home games while clinging on by winning at unlikely places on an away run that rivaled title-winning form. Carlo was close. Senor Benitez hasn't been backed this summer either. So we see a pattern. For all his immediate impact - and it's been excellent - he will inevitably be left down by squad depth. We're in a good moment - just as we were this time last season - but it won't last. We're not built to last after two effectively barren windows in a row.

But he never even played King, how do we know he wouldn’t have contributed anything? He continued to play Gylfi Sigurdsson, as soon as I realised he had a fetish for him was the moment I started to question if he was the right manager for us.

But he never even played King, how do we know he wouldn’t have contributed anything? He continued to play Gylfi Sigurdsson, as soon as I realised he had a fetish for him was the moment I started to question if he was the right manager for us.
King made 11 appearances under Carlo. He just never made the case to consistently start.

Status
Not open for further replies.