Fines for Back Passes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I picked up that when we have a feee kick more than 30 yards from their goal, it always ends up with Pickford who finally either boots it out for a throw, or a long ball to the same location but not in our possession.
The other are those goal kicks or clearances that are supposed to draw the other team out but in fact only create a gap between our panicking back 6 players and forwards until finely Pickford wacks it up in a rush.
Other than creating panic, I don’t think it’s working tbh, especially as Dom can’t seem to hold the ball up.

All this tippy-tappy stuff – everybody keeps on going about the right way to play football – is all a load of b******s sometimes. Getting the ball into the opposition box as quickly as you can with quality is definitely sometimes the best way forward and that’s what we did in the second half and that’s why we won the game.’’

Sam Allardyce
"You lost, get over it"

Sam Allardyce.

I think this group of personnel will get the best results by rocking up and countering via Route One, but I applaud Carlo for using this period to test what he'd prefer to do. We may need to be able to play possession to unlock sides that also want to counter all game.

Status
Not open for further replies.