Fines for Back Passes

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the no midfield aspect.

They aren't there to pass to and when they are it's them that passes it back because they don't look up.

The difference having a cm releasing it forward quickly would make to our attack is amazingly obvious to most. Except for our midfield though.
Players play to the instructions of the manager.... Pickford got yelled at for going long.... the players instructions seem to be keep possession

All this tippy-tappy stuff – everybody keeps on going about the right way to play football – is all a load of b******s sometimes. Getting the ball into the opposition box as quickly as you can with quality is definitely sometimes the best way forward and that’s what we did in the second half and that’s why we won the game.’’

Sam Allardyce

Players play to the instructions of the manager.... Pickford got yelled at for going long.... the players instructions seem to be keep possession
Yes and do something with it.

I will keep saying this in regards to the midfield but go back to the Derby in January. You see it first hand in that second half.

The defence would have the ball , they have noone in front of them to give it to because the utter cowards weren't showing themselves. If they did pass forward , the cowards would give it back to them, meaning Liverpool kids would then move up and put pressure on the defence.

The wingers and attackers were further up the pitch based on manager instructions. As you saw first hand in the first half when we played forward. The midfield passing it back (which is the theme of this thread) is not the manager Instructions.

Ancelotti will tell them to keep possession sure. What they aren't being told is to always give the ball backwards and then not show for the ball after they do. Ancelotti isn't telling siggurdson to not even want the ball despite being out midfield.

Every time the midfield play back it's because they haven't got the confidence to go forward. Which is alarming given the money they get paid that their play is only one direction.

If anything we're too impatient in our passing and simply try a hit and hope to Calvert-Lewin / Richarlison if an opening doesn't reveal itself after three passes.

I'd prefer to see us get hold of games a bit more, move the ball around, make the opposition have to work and chase us.

A few backwards passes here and there be effective - they're not always a negative thing. They can trigger an opposition press, bring them forward and create space that our attacking players can move into and have an impact on the game - providing that we can deliver the ball into those spaces that do appear.

Play the next two games where any player passing backwards get fined each time they do it (and the fines are used to buy a new team) - no exceptions.

This tippy, tappy, sideways, backwards is fine if you're got the ability / guts in your team for a player to turn and go forward but we don't have it.

Same with Pickford passing to a player in our own box(it a ridiculous tactic) - fine him too.

I know it's a [Poor language removed] idea but I'm not a paid football professional and some fool has come up with the current tactics which clearly aren't working.

At least we'd have the element of surprise and it was be entertaining.
I bet you really miss being sat without a clue, grumbling away in the Park End about hair cuts and the length of their shorts.

It's no longer the 1950s

If you want pointless kick and rush head to the nearest playground.

Put a limit. Go over the limit and the rest of the squad beats you with their shoes in the changies.

Every time the ball ends up at Pickford in under 4 passes from the opposition box should result in a £1m fine for everyone on the pitch and a public flogging.

1595092089335.png

They didn't practice back passes in the 1950's and they at least won something.

Passing it around at the back is fine WHEN it's done to create space and opportunity for a meaningful forward pass, or for somebody with space to carry it forward. Our problem is the midfielders are incapable of either break forward nor provide an accurate long pass.

Play the next two games where any player passing backwards get fined each time they do it (and the fines are used to buy a new team) - no exceptions.

This tippy, tappy, sideways, backwards is fine if you're got the ability / guts in your team for a player to turn and go forward but we don't have it.

Same with Pickford passing to a player in our own box(it a ridiculous tactic) - fine him too.

I know it's a [Poor language removed] idea but I'm not a paid football professional and some fool has come up with the current tactics which clearly aren't working.

At least we'd have the element of surprise and it was be entertaining.
It's our new Managers style of play - great if you have the personnel of Manchester City like, who have fast ball playing midfielders - Big Duncan showed the way 3 wins & a draw.... hoof it up to our fast 2 forwards........ by pass our non-existing slow midfield...... for now until we get a midfield capable enough to create a chance.........

We've been passing the ball backwards for about four years now, we probably have got our money back from some of these fraudsters.

Status
Not open for further replies.