Final Home Game 'Lap of Appreciation'

Lap of Appreciation - Will You Be Staying Behind ?

• Yes

Votes: 114 56.4%
  • No

Votes: 56 27.7%
  • I won't be able to get out quick enough to wazz a sharp Lancashire on some Bread Under The Grill

Votes: 32 15.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You're comparing the 1980s with the relevancy of 12 months ago with all the same player, practically, and the same manager and forces in place?

Ok.

Yes, because what happened in 84/85 and 86/87 doesn't matter now, and what happened in 13/14 doesn't matter now.

Season 14/15 was crap, rubbish, garbage, useless, waste of time, poor, abysmal, frustrating, bad and disgraceful. Is that enough negative words for you to comprehend? That is what we are critiquing. Not 13/14.

Martinez was good in 13/14 and crap in 14/15. Some of the same players (not all of them) were good in 13/14 and crap in 14/15.

You cannot excuse 14/15 performances by saying, 'well, they were good a year ago'. That's ridiculous and nonsensical. You make yourself look like a delusional buffoon, an apologist for the club by spouting such guff.

I don't give a crap about LFC, but you won't find many LFC fans this morning saying 'Well, Brendan finished 2nd last season, lets give him the benefit of the doubt'. It's exactly the same thing with Martinez. You judge people on the here and now. Track records are only relevant when they're over many years. 9 great years and then 1 bad year? Okay fair enough, that's probably a blip. 1 great year and then 1 bad year? Questions need to be asked and it's silly not to.

Like everyone around me in the Top Balcony left at the final whistle, couldn't even muster the enthusiasm for a round of boos. Can't actually believe I've renewed my season ticket. Complete lack of hunger from too many players and this is down to Martinez as it's his job to motivate the players.

First time I have ever got out of my seat to leave without clapping the players off in 43 years of watching the Blues. I would never leave before the final whistle, but few of the players on the pitch yesterday deserved any accolade.

First time I have ever got out of my seat to leave without clapping the players off in 43 years of watching the Blues. I would never leave before the final whistle, but few of the players on the pitch yesterday deserved any accolade.

And to prove that point, @the esk applauded Kane off when he was subbed. I didnt though, mainly because I was afraid I would fall onto the pitch.

S'pose.

I can't explain it then, other than Spurs had more to play for. Sometimes you have to say the opposition were very good.
Any side would have looked good against Everton yesterday. It's easy to knock the ball around when you're not getting pressed. The really good sides would have then been able to create things. Spurs didn't. They are not much better than us. An excellent CF though -- and only 20. What was that again us not expecting too much from the £28m Lukaku given he's only 21?

Booooooooooooooooooooooooo

you don't give the manager money you haven't got

you haven't sold the club to some idiot who'd have us in League 1

you give the manager time to build something.

Sorry, thought this was the board thread.

you don't give the manager money you haven't got

you haven't sold the club to some idiot who'd have us in League 1

you give the manager time to build something.

Sorry, thought this was the board thread.
Did you boo last season? Pretty fickle if you didn't.

So what if I left at the end, I left a sticker on my seat to say that I'll be Back Next Season and I Hope some of Them Won't Be, so I don't feel it appropriate to clap them on their way, if they are truly appreciative of my support then between them they can donate about 7 seconds of pay to cover my season ticket that I'll be paying on the drip over 10 months and putting my homelife in jeopardy for.

Status
Not open for further replies.