Fielding a weakened team and/or wanting Everton to go out of the cup early.

Status
Not open for further replies.
When did this become a thing for some Evertonians? I get a points deduction has put us in the mire again, but wanting to sacrifice our one slight chance of a pot? Here's the league table mid January 1984.

View attachment 240200
We were nine points clear of the drop in 1984. We weren't going down. Struggling, yes. Relegated? Nope.

We had our chance of a serious cup tilt earlier this month - and Onana royally blew it. We've lost all momentum as a result. Full focus should, in my view, be on the league now as playing one game a week is more than enough for what is a very thin squad. I don't think we'll be relegated as things stand - but a few injuries to key players and that could all change sharpish.

I didn’t realise we had only two league games in January, due to the carabao cup exit.

Dyche should have been rotating the team already, so we could definitely rotate for the fa cup.
Danjuma, chermiti, Beto, Godfrey, dobbin and Gomes should all start v palace - we should have a go at it with the gaps to the league games.

Would love to win the F A Cup again but the League Cup is defo the poor relation and just really doesn't do it for me.

Would expect nothing less than our best available team for any F A Cup game against Premier League opposition.

That's not a real league table. Football didn't start til 1992. There was never a time when MASSIVE all-conquering teams like spurs, arsenal and Chelsea weren't in the top 6. Is this a different game?
Chelsea and City were not even in that division that season…oh my days!

Let’s be honest we have no chance of winning this competition so I won’t lose much sleep if we lose on Thursday, don’t want anymore injuries and suspensions.. i desperately want us to stay up so we can stick two fingers up to the premier league more than anything else!!

Is the correct nswer! We have a break after this game anyway dont we? So why ease up for this game. Best possible side, try and progress, then, let them all sod off to somewhere warm for. Couple of weeks to recharge their batteries.
I'm seeing there's a blank weekend after the Villa game either due to possibly FA Cup games or international break. Would be ace if we went into that with three points under our belts.

Status
Not open for further replies.