Fielding a weakened team and/or wanting Everton to go out of the cup early.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lobworm

Player Valuation: £5m
When did this become a thing for some Evertonians? I get a points deduction has put us in the mire again, but wanting to sacrifice our one slight chance of a pot? Here's the league table mid January 1984.

1704027780918.png

When did this become a thing for some Evertonians? I get a points deduction has put us in the mire again, but wanting to sacrifice our one slight chance of a pot? Here's the league table mid January 1984.

View attachment 240200
That's not a real league table. Football didn't start til 1992. There was never a time when MASSIVE all-conquering teams like spurs, arsenal and Chelsea weren't in the top 6. Is this a different game?

View attachment 240200

Mixture of the children of BK and the arl da's suffering from PTSD of the past 2 relegation battles.

We need to win a trophy.

Rotation should be in service of winning the game or for the benefit of an individual player who needs the rest. None of that surrender nonsense.

This competition could be the first trophy in 30 years, it could be the last chance to see Coleman lift a trophy. We go forwards, only forwards.
Is the correct nswer! We have a break after this game anyway dont we? So why ease up for this game. Best possible side, try and progress, then, let them all sod off to somewhere warm for. Couple of weeks to recharge their batteries.

Is the correct nswer! We have a break after this game anyway dont we? So why ease up for this game. Best possible side, try and progress, then, let them all sod off to somewhere warm for. Couple of weeks to recharge their batteries.
Yeah totally agree, and if the best side to win the game means rotation then do that. I think we are all in agreement Harrison could do with a game out, Garner looked a bit out of it (I felt this was down to the formation). You've got Beto, Danjuma, Godfrey and Dobbin itching to get on the pitch, so if its the best thing to win this tie throw them out there. But none of this rest them in case Luton win in two months time, football is an entertainment industry and winning cups is entertaining. That's what builds the right ethos.

Chelsea, rs, Man United, Leicester, Man City twice and Arsenal 4 times are the FA Cup winners in the last 10 years. They've all won the Premier League and they were all top 6 teams when they won it. What makes people think that we have a chance to break that sequence?

Chelsea, rs, Man United, Leicester, Man City twice and Arsenal 4 times are the FA Cup winners in the last 10 years. They've all won the Premier League and they were all top 6 teams when they won it. What makes people think that we have a chance to break that sequence?
If we are in the hat for the draw we still have a chance, albeit very slight. Mad like, but I know we definitely won't win it if we go out in the 3rd round.

Status
Not open for further replies.