Ferguson retained as assistant manager - yay or nay

Should Duncan Ferguson continue to be employed as Assistant Manager regardless of managerial appoint

• No

Votes: 234 56.5%
  • Yes

Votes: 180 43.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting Rafael's reaction when being asked what Duncan's role would be. He reacted the same way after being asked about his small club comments. Make of that what you will.

My cousins a builder and went over to Dubai mate for the money - doesn't mean he doesn't put in effort when he's building houses back in the UK...
Your cousin's financial future is likely dependent upon him doing a good job in the present, that's not true of Benitez. That being said he doesn't strike me as lazy, just past it.

@davek

Like it or not, with the way things have gone and with every manager that passes through, he learns more and more about what not to do...by design or blind luck, we may be building a monster.

You laugh but, I dunnnnooooooo...
Did you ever stop to think HE is the common denomiator inall these failures?

Look, he's an uncouth cone layer. He will NEVER be a permanent Everton manager.

Well he’s been a consistent part of the ongoing shambles for many, many years so it’s difficult to understand why he should be retained.

There should be no place for sentimentality in a professional sports organisation.
We are not a professional sports organisation! Was 2013 the last time? lol lol

Assuming you saw the usual crew turn up to join in the new manager photo shoot yesterday - let me guess - you think theyll be gone within 6 weeks?
I dont think Ferguson will be anywhere the front bench in the dugout. No doubt a lot of coaches will be kept on. If he stays a few years though I can see him picking that lot off. Itls probably one of his tasks handed to him by Usmanov.

I dont think Ferguson will be anywhere the front bench in the dugout. No doubt a lot of coaches will be kept on. If he stays a few years though I can see him picking that lot off. Itls probably one of his tasks handed to him by Usmanov.
We’ve just appointed a RS as manager to almost universal derision from the fanbase , almost . I know Ferguson has a reputation for being handy but If usmanov didn’t want a coach keeping on I can’t imagine he’d need to be machiavellian about it .

I have no idea if he is good or not, I don't work for the club.

It does seem a really weird dealbreaker though if the reports are true. A manager whoever it is needs to be able to choose his own staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.