Ferguson Caretaker Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great appointment.

Honestly this is the most sensible decision we have done all season. It gives us time to access the situation and interview candidates instead of just rushing into this.

Duncan has an opportunity to put his stamp on this squad and he has worked under a lot of managers so hopefully he listened to Carlo and Moyes more than the others.

If he wants this job, he has to get a result Saturday, no ifs or buts. It's win or bust for his Everton managerial appointment.

He should make them all sit down and watch the Howard Kendall film. The players talking about how went about it in the mid 80’s. Gray saying to central defenders on opposing side before he went out “ are you ready for this” then smashing the so called hard man Vinny Jones off the park, Inchy saying if you want to play skillfull football we will beat you, if you want to fight, then we will [Poor language removed] you, the older guys giving the younger ones a word in the ear if they slacked (Trevor Steven, was a younger one back then!!) Neville southall saying, we were like a family so we could say anything to eachother, but if someone else said anything about one of ours we’d all jump in!!

I think this time if wins a few he gets it permanently

I think it would take more than that, I think we would have to go on a great run for him to get it on a permanent basis. I wish him all the best though, I want us to do well. I am hoping for a big reaction from the players on Saturday and hopefully the ground will be bouncing. Villa will be tough though. But I think for most fans if we see that the team are working hard and have a clear plan, it would be a start. Oh and not conceded an early goal from a set piece.

Status
Not open for further replies.