Ferguson Caretaker Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every game is not a must win. Im sorry but its very important to state the facts if relegation threat is the reason for overruling in my opinion the clubs longterm stability by hiring a manager before the review is finished and without a director of football. We currently have 13% chance of going down.

We need I think likely 16 points out of the remaining games to squeak it out, 20 to be safe. One can do the math and go through the fixtures. 5 wins and some draws is likely safety, far from must wins.

That’s why I put “must win” in quotations. But whilst you can think the next three fixtures are not must win, I think many would argue that they are certainty “must not lose”.

Also getting 5 wins out of 18, when so far we’ve got five wins out of 20 so far this season isn’t exactly clear cut.

Tbh we need change throughout the club.

Something Duncan said in his pre match worried me. He didn't accept that we were in a relegation scrap. That concerns me. As does the lack of anything else aside from bluster regarding getting the players to play for the Jersey.

That coupled with Moshiri’s seemingly backing to the performance of the board and Kenwright today informing us of all the good times we've had this past 27 years.

I'm seriously worried and I didn't think anyone could further mess things up more than Rafael but by god Duncan has taken it a step further today.
If you seriously state today was worse than getting humiliated by Watford at home or losing to Norwich then you've clearly got an agenda.

If you seriously state today was worse than getting humiliated by Watford at home or losing to Norwich then you've clearly got an agenda.

Forgive me but I haven't said that.

I'm not looking at this result in isolation ; I honestly think the situation couldn't have been worsened from Norwich but alas it has.

Call me old fashioned but I play my players in position, to their strengths and my form players. I work on basics such as set pieces both defending and attacking.

None of which happened and now we're left in a situation where our two young full backs are not sure of their role in the team, no one knows who the manager is going to be, the assistant is unable to coax even a draw or improve on anything and we're in a big relegation right.

I don’t doubt he motivates the players and loves the club. But the last 20 minutes was just boot it up the pitch and hope Dom wins a header. Looked most dangerous and caused Villa’s defence most when getting it wide to Gordon or Gray, but there was no plan to do this.

Or on another day they beat us 4-0 with the chances they missed.

Can do it both ways.

Fact it we missed those chances and they took one of theirs and our caretaker manager didn't have a clue what to do about it.
Dont think the manager can do anything about Mina not directing 2 headers with the keeper stranded.
Or Dom not scoring from 6 yrds out.

Your manager moan is just silly.

Forgive me but I haven't said that.

I'm not looking at this result in isolation ; I honestly think the situation couldn't have been worsened from Norwich but alas it has.

Call me old fashioned but I play my players in position, to their strengths and my form players. I work on basics such as set pieces both defending and attacking.

None of which happened and now we're left in a situation where our two young full backs are not sure of their role in the team, no one knows who the manager is going to be, the assistant is unable to coax even a draw or improve on anything and we're in a big relegation right.

Erm, you said Dunc has messed things up even more than Benitez? It's literally what you wrote:

I'm seriously worried and I didn't think anyone could further mess things up more than Rafael but by god Duncan has taken it a step further today.

Riddle me this..

He plays Kenny who is out of contract in five months and has played fleetingly over the past number of years. He's been farmed out and continually offered out.

Why is it acceptable that he starts over either the club captain or our new RB?

On what planet is that OK?

Well Coleman has been woeful. Absolutely woeful for months. Far worse than Kenny.

As for Patterson, I havent seen enough of him to say if he is good enough defensively to be thrown in.

I thought Kenny did ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.