Fellaini

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still prefer him in the middle. I know we mix it up, but I'm not keen on the long ball.

Our attacking threat is Pienaar and Mirallas, Fellaini is looking great, but the chances are getting created by the wingers.

Anyone behind Jelavic will get chances.

Seems to me we're using felli as an old fashioned centre forward, hit the long ball at him & hope he holds it up, not an attacking mid at all.
Maybe to the detriment of our supposed boss slotter Jelly, who's hardly getting involved most of the time. A bit of a waste?
Felli back to centre mid to stiffen things up, **** off Neville the past it makeshift fullback, Mirallas or Naismith in behind Jelly & get it back on the deck, ffs Moyles you halfwit.

I think the way he is playing the majority of the time this season then if we take less than £32m for him we'd be stupid. That figure comes from what Zenit paid for Axel Witsel who is certainly no better than his fellow Belgian. If he does go (he eventually will unless we get Champions League) then we need to make sure we don't take stupidly low offers like the £18m talked of earlier on here.

The fact people want him in midfield shows how good a player he really is, we miss him back there and we'd miss him up top if he went there. Guy is a gem and we should enjoy him while we have him.

I still prefer him in the middle. I know we mix it up, but I'm not keen on the long ball.

Our attacking threat is Pienaar and Mirallas, Fellaini is looking great, but the chances are getting created by the wingers.

Anyone behind Jelavic will get chances.

I really can't agree with this. A large part of our attacking play originates in their third of the pitch after we've built off Fellaini.

He brings it down and (most of the time) it gets fed out wide to the wide players you mention. Take Fellaini out of the equation and we start in our own half.

Is there any suggestion that maybe F.F.S. Moyes feels the need to let Felli play in his own preferred position, rather than insisting he play a defensive mid role, to keep him sweet after the transfer rumour stories?

I can understand the calls to play Fellaini deeper but he's excelling in that position behind the striker now, absolutely no need to move him back. He's got 5 goals this season already, that's 1 in 2, and didn't he miss a game as well?

He's due to miss another game soon as well, with him being one yellow card away from suspension.

It wouldn't be ideal if he was missing for Reading away, or Arsenal at home.

I think the way he is playing the majority of the time this season then if we take less than £32m for him we'd be stupid. That figure comes from what Zenit paid for Axel Witsel who is certainly no better than his fellow Belgian. If he does go (he eventually will unless we get Champions League) then we need to make sure we don't take stupidly low offers like the £18m talked of earlier on here.

The fact people want him in midfield shows how good a player he really is, we miss him back there and we'd miss him up top if he went there. Guy is a gem and we should enjoy him while we have him.

I think he also would be an excellent CB

Is there any suggestion that maybe F.F.S. Moyes feels the need to let Felli play in his own preferred position, rather than insisting he play a defensive mid role, to keep him sweet after the transfer rumour stories?

Did Fellaini not say he prefered playing as the defensive midfielder? I could be wrong like.

Did Fellaini not say he prefered playing as the defensive midfielder? I could be wrong like.

Possibly.

I know he said something this year about how much he was enjoying being a second striker and that he always liked playing there for belgium but it was in one of those everton tv interviews where you'd fancy the player to tell you how much they liked murdering goldfish with a toothbrush if that's what Moyes had them ding.

His current position seems to be everywhere on the pitch, he covers so much ground and excels everywhere because he literally has everything - good pass, great ball winning, great strike and decent pace for a CM. We seem to have given him a license to kill and he's using it perfectly.

His current position seems to be everywhere on the pitch, he covers so much ground and excels everywhere because he literally has everything - good pass, great ball winning, great strike and decent pace for a CM. We seem to have given him a license to kill and he's using it perfectly.

Hes one of the best athletes in football, because of his languid style it took people a long time to wake up to just how much ground he covers, he helps everyone in the team so much its unreal, hes the real leader on the pitch for what he does, we should jib that traffic director off and give him the armband, who knows it might even persuade him to stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.