Fellaini must be worth of £30m at least!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, thats your point and i will take it on board. Answer this queation then Are you happy with the support which our manager is getting transfer wise from the board? If the answer is yes then fair enoguh however i for one am not. And the players you mentioned are yet to even kick a ball so we have no idea their skills. What is a FACT is moyes has wanted a number of targets this window and the board have been unable to back him. The 3 players i hardly think were moyes first choice do you. And the point i am making there will come a point when everton can not match the ambition of certain players and i include fellaini in that. Now if in the summer we have money and buy players to push us on, happy days, me can't see that but i hope i am wrong. But don't justify the 3 players coming in this window shows the board are backing moyes and showing we have ambition to push on
i`ll put my opinion this way then. i dont think Everton should try to compete in the transfer market with the likes of man city,chelsea and man u - to try would be suicidal like portsmouth, its i gamble our board thankfully wont take. i dont care if we`re skint, i just accept it and hope the board dont get a hicks/gillette comedy duo in to fleece us. patient team building is what we will have to settle for. as for selling our top players i`m sick of the negative attitude of posters on here `we`ll have to sell x,x and x coz theyre ambitious etc etc`

i`ll put my opinion this way then. i dont think Everton should try to compete in the transfer market with the likes of man city,chelsea and man u - to try would be suicidal like portsmouth, its i gamble our board thankfully wont take. i dont care if we`re skint, i just accept it and hope the board dont get a hicks/gillette comedy duo in to fleece us. patient team building is what we will have to settle for. as for selling our top players i`m sick of the negative attitude of posters on here `we`ll have to sell x,x and x coz theyre ambitious etc etc`

erm where have i said i want them to compete with the likes of them. I did not, just to be able to compete with anybody would be nice. And answer my question. Are you happy with the way the board are backing moyes in the transfer market?

I'd defo take 25-30M for him. DM is a position you could get decent production from buying a smart vet for 1M. Neville could play the postion well too. I also don't think Fellani and Arteta are a great partnership. We're running the center with Fellani (not his fault b/c he keeps winning the ball) now and I don't really think Arteta knows what his role is on the squad anymore.

Hell you get 25-30M for him, then move Neville to DM, sign Donovan, and maybe a vet striker like Elmander/Carew and move Coleman to RB. We'd be scary good on the right side with a Donovan-Coleman partnership. Plus we'd have a much needed target man to get on Baines's crosses as well.

So you'd replace Fellaini with Donovan and Carew?

No offence, but I'm so, so glad you're not in charge! =S

also saying you are sick of the negative poster. Read my previous post in the past, i have always been very positive about the club and i have openly debated on here why bill is good for our club in the past. However i honetly can't see how at present he is doing good, as he has said he is lookig 24/7 for investment. I don't see this. Also players are leaving and money is coming in and this money is not being re-invested back in to the squad that is my gripe. Do you think we are backing the manager?

erm where have i said i want them to compete with the likes of them. I did not, just to be able to compete with anybody would be nice. And answer my question. Are you happy with the way the board are backing moyes in the transfer market?

i answered your question- `i dont care if we`re skint, i just accept it` i cant get in the mind-set of exploding with rage because some business owners dont fall over themselves to please my whims ie. I DONT KNOW THEIR BUSINESS..... you come across like you know better than the millionaires that own Everton. the negativity i meant is not aimed at you personally - its coming from a lot of posters.also living beyond our means is not a good idea so easy does it

i answered your question- `i dont care if we`re skint, i just accept it` i cant get in the mind-set of exploding with rage because some business owners dont fall over themselves to please my whims ie. I DONT KNOW THEIR BUSINESS..... you come across like you know better than the millionaires that own Everton. the negativity i meant is not aimed at you personally - its coming from a lot of posters.also living beyond our means is not a good idea so easy does it

This is the issue with the board mate. We can't accept it anymore otherwise i fear decline. Moyes has constantly worked on a shoestring and brought massive money in ie lescott, rooney, johnson. So on and so on. And when you look at our net spend each year its shocking compared to others so where does our money go. That is where my condern is. ps i certainly do not know better than the millinaires which own everton however i do know that most don't have EVERTON's best interest at heart only their own. This is why the negativity is setting in. Before the window people were kinda of wait and see but now they see nothing and want answers. The problem is mate if we don't ask for answer's then nothiing will change. I for one would like to know why we as a club can't support one of the best managers we have ever had and he took us to the brink where if we could have only pushed on, we could have been great again, however unless something drastic is done the team may break up and back to square one. IF YOU THINK THE BOARD ARE DOING A GREAT JOB I WILL RESPECT YOUR OPINION

Last edited:
IF YOU THINK THE BOARD ARE DOING A GREAT JOB I WILL RESPECT YOUR OPINION

i have no opinion regarding the board of EFC. my heart is in the lower gwladys street end and i try to remain positive. i am EVERTON and i bleed blue blood

I'd defo take 25-30M for him. DM is a position you could get decent production from buying a smart vet for 1M. Neville could play the postion well too. I also don't think Fellani and Arteta are a great partnership. We're running the center with Fellani (not his fault b/c he keeps winning the ball) now and I don't really think Arteta knows what his role is on the squad anymore.

Hell you get 25-30M for him, then move Neville to DM, sign Donovan, and maybe a vet striker like Elmander/Carew and move Coleman to RB. We'd be scary good on the right side with a Donovan-Coleman partnership. Plus we'd have a much needed target man to get on Baines's crosses as well.

This would be intriguing for a season or two. I worry about the long term, but then again, Jack might be ready by then...

Anyone who thinks Mofro is a defensive midfeilder needs to seriously watch the games more closely hes a box-box midfeilder involved in all aspects of our play defensively and offesively.

So you'd replace Fellaini with Donovan and Carew?

No offence, but I'm so, so glad you're not in charge! =S

Listen. I don't want to sell Fellani either. He's the one who always shines and gives us a chance against the top 4. However we don't want to be stuck with him in the last year of his contract if he doesn't sign and let's face facts he's going to want to play C-League footie someday. Losing him though wouldn't be all that bad though. We're deep at the center mid position plus Arteta and Rodders are locked up in long contracts. Remember its the "crap" teams we're struggling against, and with or without him we're going to have the lion's share of possession. 7-10 more goals this year and we're 5th. If selling Fellani could bring in a decent striker, and a couple 2-4M players (in which Moyes is excellent at finding) to help produce some more goals we need to consider it.

If only Fellaini had a bit more creativity (i.e your Fabregas, Alonso) with some killer through balls, we could flog Arteta and pay him his wages on top of whatever he's earning.

He's magnificent.

we will keep all our players. they will only go if silly money is paid to us - which is the way it should be. fellaini will only be sold if we get a bid for £40mil or more. Lescott wasnt worth £24mil but man city wanted their man so they paid up.

Status
Not open for further replies.