"Fellaini Cant Be Arsed"

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrandOldTeam

Staff member
"He's lazy"
"He's disinterested"
"He doesn't look arsed"

It's something that's been aimed at him since day one of his Everton career - fans often misjudge his cumbersome approach (for want of a better phrase) as laziness...

The abuse at Goodison, and elsewhere towards Felli has increased recently. Fans on here reckon he's off soon - and attributing that as a reason why "he doesn't look arsed"

I did mention in response that he has covered more ground than any other Everton player this season, I vaguely recall 20% ahead of his closest rival in Baines - and I notice again today in the paper;

2d6mfyq.jpg

Time to change the tune...

He doesn't clap the fans. That's what pisses me off about him. John H took time to walk around by himself clapping the street end. I know it's only a small gesture but it means a lot to me I think. We pay our money so it's nice to get a bit of appreciation from the players. Fellaini gives none. He thinks he's too good for us.

He doesn't clap the fans. That's what pisses me off about him. John H took time to walk around by himself clapping the street end. I know it's only a small gesture but it means a lot to me I think. We pay our money so it's nice to get a bit of appreciation from the players. Fellaini gives none. He thinks he's too good for us.

Well, that's a new one. The above would suggest the contrary.

It's a total nonsense he is one of few players to play well consistently this season. It's "The Pienaar Effect" and it's a load of crap.

Has anyone seen him in interviews? He's so laid back he looks stoned FFS

He's just cool as fook and laid back.

To be honest, anytime fans hear a player might be off they always say "he cant be arsed" along with "he's **** anyway"

Who's the one player who consistently makes himeself available to take a pass ?
Maybe he doesn't love us as much as we love him. Maybe he doesn't clap the fans at the end of the game. But he's our best player by far AND always puts a shift in.

I was at the derby and there again yesterday and in both games I'd say he more than showed his commitment- in fact I think he's done it pretty consistently this season, showing much more of a desire to get and keep the ball, showing intelligence in his passing. Maybe he doesn't have the personality to show his appreciation of the fans all the time (and who knows, that could just simply be a cultural thing, rather than arrogance), but I have no doubt that, when he's on the pitch, his commitment is greater now than I've ever seen it. I watched him drop to the ground at the end of the derby, the man was absolutely shattered (and, it seemed, gutted to lose), so anyone saying he can't be arsed is, frankly, talking a load of old arse.

Last edited:
I really hope I'm wrong, but I don't think he loves Everton as much as we love him.

The opposite from Hibbert you mean?

He's a Belgian born Moroccan, who didn't grew up with Everton (Fellaini that is), so you're proibably right about his love for Everton. Very few players, that are not Everton born and bred probably do. Tim Cahill and Tim Howard might be the exception here.

He's a professional though, and to say he's desinterested is just laughable. He never came out and said he wanted to leave and that he's too big for Everton, that was his dad.

Status
Not open for further replies.