Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 105 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,256 92.3%

• Total voters
It is a process.
Building the squad will be a bit like building the stadium, it will take time.

The announcement of a new stadium will speedily be followed on here by posters questioning if there is a real deal in place because the spades won't be in the ground days after the announcement.

The expectations were possibly too high , fuelled in part at leat by posters on here but largely by a general air of optimism around the club.
I think the business that we did in previous years would have been considered very shrewd.
We have brought in players that were the best at their clubs in Gueye, Williams and Bolasie and they all know the premiership.
Stekelenburg cost very little money and in these early days is proving to be more than useful.
I have already posted elsewhere that I think Valencia will possibly be the best signing of all and will surprise many on here.

The biggest bonus of all is that in spite of losing John Stones, we have replaced him with a player that could well prove to be as good or better in Holgate.

This was step one of several steps.
This week it was hoped that we would be able to take possibly steps two and three and it is disappointing that did not happen.

The management team now have another four months to further assess their squad and more importantly put in place deals that are not rushed and last minute.

It is after the deadline of the summer of 2017 that we will more accurately be able to guage where Koeman is taking the club, after all he will have been in control for one year at that stage.

It is a process.
Building the squad will be a bit like building the stadium, it will take time.

The announcement of a new stadium will speedily be followed on here by posters questioning if there is a real deal in place because the spades won't be in the ground days after the announcement.

The expectations were possibly too high , fuelled in part at leat by posters on here but largely by a general air of optimism around the club.
I think the business that we did in previous years would have been considered very shrewd.
We have brought in players that were the best at their clubs in Gueye, Williams and Bolasie and they all know the premiership.
Stekelenburg cost very little money and in these early days is proving to be more than useful.
I have already posted elsewhere that I think Valencia will possibly be the best signing of all and will surprise many on here.

The biggest bonus of all is that in spite of losing John Stones, we have replaced him with a player that could well prove to be as good or better in Holgate.

This was step one of several steps.
This week it was hoped that we would be able to take possibly steps two and three and it is disappointing that did not happen.

The management team now have another four months to further assess their squad and more importantly put in place deals that are not rushed and last minute.

It is after the deadline of the summer of 2017 that we will more accurately be able to guage where Koeman is taking the club, after all he will have been in control for one year at that stage.
Or sacked.

Just for the record, I was informed in early summer that the club's debts had been settled and a significant sum of money had gone into the club. I have spoken to the person several times since and he is insistent. The person concerned without revealing identity would be in a position to know this and given his professional status is unlikely in the extreme to not be telling the truth.

I believe the debt he is referring to is the long term Pru/AIB loan.

Now let me deal with Rights and Media Funding Limited. The way the previous loans from them are structured is that they take an assignment over the Premier League broadcasting payments. At the end of the year the payments made by the Premier League are paid not directly to Everton but to the lender (R&M Funding Limited) and the balance is forwarded to Everton. Therefore the loan is always paid off before the beginning of a new season.

The charge document which has appeared on Companies House does not necessarily mean an additional loan has been taken out. It would appear as it has if the club has agreed a facility with the lender. A facility is an option to borrow money at any time over the period of the agreement.

You might want to consider what this option is for. We are about to engage in the building of a new stadium. In all my comments and articles previously I have stated we would have debt as part of that exercise.

Do you think Moshiri would be amazed if he ever found out how much people actually knew!

So the security of the TV revenue could be financing the initial stages of the stadium planning (land purchase, design, architects, planning bids etc) rather than any injection of working capital from BHH into the club?

Nah more like we've paid off the Mortgage, but kept the overdraft/credit cards
That actually makes more sense in a weird way.

Look at the end of the day it's all irrelevant to us because there's no way to verify any of this so it just comes down to who you trust and I naturally don't trust anyone without proof so for me going into this minutia is a bit pointless.

The facts are that we haven't used the new TV money to invest in the squad and we are still waiting to hear Moshiri's plans for the club beyond a very brief statement. 8 months in is long enough to let the fans know.

To me, this new loan is the most concerning development of the summer, as it brings into question Moshiri's motives. I still trust that the man has the clubs best interests at heart, but without concrete reasoning for this new loan it's easy to assume the worst.

Sissoko today talking like he had never spoken to Everton. Seems to me we were just used to push a deal through, yes a statement from the club would be nice but I doubt we will get one and why should they lower themselves to these kind of games. I will judge on what actually happens not a rumour and so far I believe Morshiri has brought along more positives than negatives. So will it all end well, who knows? Only time will tell, and lets be honest he hasn't been here long.

Do you think Moshiri would be amazed if he ever found out how much people actually knew!

So the security of the TV revenue could be financing the initial stages of the stadium planning (land purchase, design, architects, planning bids etc) rather than any injection of working capital from BHH into the club?
If that is what is happening it could be that Moshiri doesn't want to risk too much of his own money before knowing how viable a project this will be.

I don't think missing out on his signature is what's caused the fume mate, I think it's the alleged response from Moshiri that's done it and is the main cause of concern for some. I seem to remember a fair few being quite pleased that we'd missed out on Sissoko in the transfer thread.
Fair enough bud, but i still question the sanity of people spoiling their day raging over an 'alleged' anything? Best they get out and have a bevvy, then look forward to spanking the kidneys out of Sunderland when the prem kicks off again :) far too much angst on here nowadays, i have had far too much happiness curtailed or terminated by our club over the years, i refuse to have my life spoiled by something that shouty gobshoite Jim White said?