Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 105 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,259 92.3%

• Total voters
I'm giving Moshiri 2 years to show me how great he is for this club and I won't be disappointed.

Why did we not sign all these players we were after?, my view is the state Martinez left us in, with two bottom half finishes, and competing against clubs with CL or Europa football are the reasons, you don't have to look any further than that.

Koeman has said over the weeks it's hard to attract top players when you don't have Europe and other CL teams are after the same players.

Perez - went to a CL club
Sissoko - went to CL club
Brahimi - Porto kept increasing the fee/notably difficult to deal with, already at a CL club

Compare our signings this window to the other teams outside the top 4, we are in the top 2/3 for teams that had the best window.

If we had finished 6th last season, we could have sold the project much easier, but if we'd finished 6th, Martinez could have still been here.

I'm not in a panic over this, Koeman and Walsh need to get scouting and bring in a couple of players in January, if we keep most of the key players fit and playing till then, we will be in and around that top 6.

Then you scout players you can get after the ones you can't fall through.

We didnt. And that's the most frustrating thing.

We were running around waitrose unable to buy anything but kept at it rather than going the Asda.

The Martinez excuse. Give me a break.

We had top players like Lukaku, Barkley, Stones, Coleman, Baines etc and had just hired supposedly a well respected manager.

What did Martinez have to do with anything.
We have finished 2 seasons on the bounce in the bottom half, we were not in the ascendancy, we were in decline.

I'm a top European player at a club in the CL/Europa, Everton want to buy me, they finished bottom half 2 seasons on the trot and aren't in Europe, hmmm!, that looks like a backward step in my career, I'll pass and join a CL club.

If you can not see an effect Martinez has had on our reputation in this league you've got rocks in your head.

A lot of people are saying he is a fraud and he is corrupt and lying. Sorry i may not be talking about you but a lot of what i read is exactly that.

He never said he was a sugar daddy type of investor either i believe the press told us all that.

And I never said i knew anything i just think its hilarious how many people deduce hes a fraud because a transfer window didn't go our way.

And you are right i have no idea whats going on either that my point.

But i am willing to give people the benifet of the doubt sure FYI you kind of contradict yourself also you tell me on one hand the fans dont think he broke rules or is a fraud and then tell me you think he is talking nonsense which means he was lying which means to the premier league he would not be suitable etc....

Works both ways...
He never said anything to stop it. He also said that we would fight to keep our stars. Setting a valuation and waiting until someone gets close isn't fighting to keep our stars. He also said he would invest in the squad. At no point any of that has been done.

At this point I don't know he's a fraud but personally I was one of those that has been skeptical of the media portrayal ever since resigning Gibson and my view hasn't improved. I just don't know what his intentions are and 8 months in with a pitiful net spend and what looks like no real attempt on TDD to sign anyone to even spend all the new TV money then that worries me.

It looks like we sold Stones, spent the Stones money and pocketed the TV money. That's not a good first window especially since he has told us zero what his actual plans for the club are.

Explain how increasing our debts screams of a new dawn though? It hugely worrying.
We have no idea what the current debt level is and to be quite frank it's not our concern at the minute

What we want is a successful team and a new stadium, give the man the time to deliver it.

The knives are out as we haven't spent like a drunken sailor in the new owners first window and nailed our targets, disappointing yes, the end of the World and a sure fire sign that the new owner is somehow not what he purports to be? Behave.

I'll leave you to the head rolling and the erection of the cross now mate ;)

Then you scout players you can get after the ones you can't fall through.

We didnt. And that's the most frustrating thing.

We were running around waitrose unable to buy anything but kept at it rather than going the Asda.
That is exactly what they did, and bought Gueye, Williams, Bolaise when the top targets like Witzel, Carvalho, wouldn't take a chance on us.

We have finished 2 seasons on the bounce in the bottom half, we were not in the ascendancy, we were in decline.

I'm a top European player at a club in the CL/Europa, Everton want to buy me, they finished bottom half 2 seasons on the trot and aren't in Europe, hmmm!, that looks like a backward step in my career, I'll pass and join a CL club.

If you can not see an effect Martinez has had on our reputation in this league you've got rocks in your head.
No we weren't. We just had a rubbish manager. There's no one in football that wouldn't have looked at some of the players in our squad and thought with 3 or 4 top players this team could challenge for top 4.

We didn't need a major rebuild taking years.

Just for the record, I was informed in early summer that the club's debts had been settled and a significant sum of money had gone into the club. I have spoken to the person several times since and he is insistent. The person concerned without revealing identity would be in a position to know this and given his professional status is unlikely in the extreme to not be telling the truth.

I believe the debt he is referring to is the long term Pru/AIB loan.

Now let me deal with Rights and Media Funding Limited. The way the previous loans from them are structured is that they take an assignment over the Premier League broadcasting payments. At the end of the year the payments made by the Premier League are paid not directly to Everton but to the lender (R&M Funding Limited) and the balance is forwarded to Everton. Therefore the loan is always paid off before the beginning of a new season.

The charge document which has appeared on Companies House does not necessarily mean an additional loan has been taken out. It would appear as it has if the club has agreed a facility with the lender. A facility is an option to borrow money at any time over the period of the agreement.

You might want to consider what this option is for. We are about to engage in the building of a new stadium. In all my comments and articles previously I have stated we would have debt as part of that exercise.

Just for the record, I was informed in early summer that the club's debts had been settled and a significant sum of money had gone into the club. I have spoken to the person several times since and he is insistent. The person concerned without revealing identity would be in a position to know this and given his professional status is unlikely in the extreme to not be telling the truth.

Now let me deal with Rights and Media Funding Limited. The way the previous loans from them are structured is that they take an assignment over the Premier League broadcasting payments. At the end of the year the payments made by the Premier League are paid not directly to Everton but to the lender (R&M Funding Limited) and the balance is forwarded to Everton. Therefore the loan is always paid off before the beginning of a new season.

The charge document which has appeared on Companies House does not necessarily mean an additional loan has been taken out. It would appear as it has if the club has agreed a facility with the lender. A facility is an option to borrow money at any time over the period of the agreement.

You might want to consider what this option is for. We are about to engage in the building of a new stadium. In all my comments and articles previously I have stated we would have debt as part of that exercise.

Ok.
On that basis why the same lender?

So we paid of our credit card but didn't get rid of it?