Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 105 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,251 92.3%

• Total voters
Ugh. If Moshiri could give Kenwright control, that means Moshiri was in control.

Kenwright could have walked if Moshiri was overriding all his decisions and campaigned from the outside for change. Also I doubt Moshiri pushed for DBB to be CEO, which shows that Bill had a fair bit of power and influence.

Moshiri made a mistake letting Bill stay on and run the business, they then both compounded the error by having conflicting visions on players and not allowing the DoF to do his job.

As much as that didn't help, ultimately the PL and Putin screwed us over the most as had we taken the James team and added to it, we would have been able to blossom into a very decent team. Early versions of Chelsea and City also made mistakes but were able to buy through that period. We never got that chance.

Kenwright could have walked if Moshiri was overriding all his decisions and campaigned from the outside for change. Also I doubt Moshiri pushed for DBB to be CEO, which shows that Bill had a fair bit of power and influence.

Moshiri made a mistake letting Bill stay on and run the business, they then both compounded the error by having conflicting visions on players and not allowing the DoF to do his job.

As much as that didn't help, ultimately the PL and Putin screwed us over the most as had we taken the James team and added to it, we would have been able to blossom into a very decent team. Early versions of Chelsea and City also made mistakes but were able to buy through that period. We never got that chance.

What? No they didn’t lol at no point did either of those teams spend £500m to go backwards. Chelsea won the league in their second season after being taken over. City qualified for the Champions League and won the FA Cup in their third. Their first managerial appointments post takeover were Jose Mourinho and Roberto Mancini, ours was Ronald Koeman. Those clubs were ran by people who had a clue and we were ran by Farhad Moshiri.

What? No they didn’t lol at no point did either of those teams spend £500m to go backwards. Chelsea won the league in their second season after being taken over. City qualified for the Champions League and won the FA Cup in their third. Their first managerial appointments post takeover were Jose Mourinho and Roberto Mancini, ours was Ronald Koeman. Those clubs were ran by people who had a clue and we were ran by Farhad Moshiri.

Chelsea were already a champions league club before Abramovich took over. They had not long won trophies and spent a good deal of money building up to that stage. They have been peppered with bad players, but were able to jettison them without care and buy more.

If you can't see the crap City bought and replaced in those early years then there is no helping you. We started at a lower level with less money so of course it was going to take longer, but by the time Ancelotti was here (4 years after being taken over) we had a reasonable team, but we were denied the chance to push on from that point by PSR and losing Usmanov's backing.

I know that won't stick as everything related to Moshiri is one black hole for you, it's true though. You can still be really bad, however if you throw enough money at it we could have kicked on and we were right at that tipping point. Then James went crocked and over the last 10 games, we missed out on Europe, extra cash for league placement and our budget for the next season meant we couldn't keep what we had, nevermind buy more. It was a gamble, Moshiri bet the house and it left us in this position. His fault. Failure to at least recognise why our playing field wasn't the same as previous clubs is crazy though.

Chelsea were already a champions league club before Abramovich took over. They had not long won trophies and spent a good deal of money building up to that stage. They have been peppered with bad players, but were able to jettison them without care and buy more.

If you can't see the crap City bought and replaced in those early years then there is no helping you. We started at a lower level with less money so of course it was going to take longer, but by the time Ancelotti was here (4 years after being taken over) we had a reasonable team, but we were denied the chance to push on from that point by PSR and losing Usmanov's backing.

I know that won't stick as everything related to Moshiri is one black hole for you, it's true though. You can still be really bad, however if you throw enough money at it we could have kicked on and we were right at that tipping point. Then James went crocked and over the last 10 games, we missed out on Europe, extra cash for league placement and our budget for the next season meant we couldn't keep what we had, nevermind buy more. It was a gamble, Moshiri bet the house and it left us in this position. His fault. Failure to at least recognise why our playing field wasn't the same as previous clubs is crazy though.

Feel free to name that crap. They pretty much improved from day 1 of the takeover and never took a backwards step at any point, fascinated that you seem to think otherwise though and that their situation was in any way comparable to ours. We certainly didn’t start at a lower level than City did either.

Nah mate, Bill was always the Patsie, the money always makes the decisions.

Moshiri played Bill like a fiddle and we all fell for it, in my opinion.
I suspect both thought that they were smarter than the other guy in using each other.
But,
Kenwright over time, allegedly made £45Mill out of the deal
Moshiri is still in the process of taking a huge bath.

Only one winner for me.

Only one real loser - Us.

Feel free to name that crap. They pretty much improved from day 1 of the takeover and never took a backwards step at any point, fascinated that you seem to think otherwise though and that their situation was in any way comparable to ours. We certainly didn’t start at a lower level than City did either.

I'm not saying city didn't improve at a linear rate once the Sheikhs bought them, I'm saying 1) City came into money before then and spent a shed load under Shinawatra, thus is an extension to that period as people got used to them trying to push on. 2) Their strikers went from Bellamy > Adebayor > Robhino > Tevez > Santa Cruz > Dzeko > Balotelli, before getting to Aguero. All in the space of a few years, now some were good enough to stay on, but some were also hit and miss in that group that they could simply replace. Not concerned with any PSR constraints.

You can trawl through their transfers that are readily available between 2006 and 2011 and see how many came and went in other positions, a lot only staying a year, 18 months. Even their marquee first signing under the Arabs was bought for 32 million and sold for less than half that after a very poor second season.

We finished 11th and 11th (would have been lower again had Martinez been allowed to take the last game) before our takeover. They had done better than that and the fact they were taken over by a state that could pay obscene amount of wages on day one, of course we were at a disadvantage! It took four years to make people believe we could start to compete to get named players.

I agree they were better run, actually had unimaginable amount of cash to play with, but they were also allowed to make mistakes and deal with those and of course because they had cemented their place in the top 4, it made it harder for us to try and squeeze into that group to kick on like they had been able to.

I'm not saying city didn't improve at a linear rate once the Sheikhs bought them, I'm saying 1) City came into money before then and spent a shed load under Shinawatra, thus is an extension to that period as people got used to them trying to push on. 2) Their strikers went from Bellamy > Adebayor > Robhino > Tevez > Santa Cruz > Dzeko > Balotelli, before getting to Aguero. All in the space of a few years, now some were good enough to stay on, but some were also hit and miss in that group that they could simply replace. Not concerned with any PSR constraints.

You can trawl through their transfers that are readily available between 2006 and 2011 and see how many came and went in other positions, a lot only staying a year, 18 months. Even their marquee first signing under the Arabs was bought for 32 million and sold for less than half that after a very poor second season.

We finished 11th and 11th (would have been lower again had Martinez been allowed to take the last game) before our takeover. They had done better than that and the fact they were taken over by a state that could pay obscene amount of wages on day one, of course we were at a disadvantage! It took four years to make people believe we could start to compete to get named players.

I agree they were better run, actually had unimaginable amount of cash to play with, but they were also allowed to make mistakes and deal with those and of course because they had cemented their place in the top 4, it made it harder for us to try and squeeze into that group to kick on like they had been able to.

We also had a chance to correct our early mistakes, but we only made the situation worse because our owner decided to appoint the likes of Sam Allardyce, Steve Walsh, Rafael Benitez and decided to butt in on transfers buying Cenk Tosun because he saw him score an overhead kick in the Champions League.

From 2016-2020 we were basically given Usmanov’s gold card to run amok, without the immediate threat of FFP. We managed to not only fail to progress, but actually go backwards due to the scale of mismanagement overseen by Moshiri. No other club has ever been as poorly run as us with the amount of funds we had available to us. Chelsea and City never had 4 years of going backwards before they finally started to turn the ship around.

All of those strikers you listed for City apart from Santa Cruz improved them from when they signed, I’m not sure what point that list is supposed to prove.

We also had a chance to correct our early mistakes, but we only made the situation worse because our owner decided to appoint the likes of Sam Allardyce, Steve Walsh, Rafael Benitez and decided to butt in on transfers buying Cenk Tosun because he saw him score an overhead kick in the Champions League.

From 2016-2020 we were basically given Usmanov’s gold card to run amok, without the immediate threat of FFP. We managed to not only fail to progress, but actually go backwards due to the scale of mismanagement overseen by Moshiri. No other club has ever been as poorly run as us with the amount of funds we had available to us. Chelsea and City never had 4 years of going backwards before they finally started to turn the ship around.

All of those strikers you listed for City apart from Santa Cruz improved them from when they signed, I’m not sure what point that list is supposed to prove.

In 2015 and 2016 we finished 11th
We then finished 7th 8th 8th so im not sure were we got worse? We also had to sell our best players between 2016-2020 to allow us to spend. (Stones, Lukaku, Barkley) Our highest spend off the top of my head was about 100 mil net which isnt massive compared to others. Were we messed up was huge wages which were not sustainable.
Ancelotti not qualifying for europe in 2021 when we had it in our hands up until April probably didnt help and the rest is history.

We didn't immediately go backwards though. We made a very big jump the first season, then we bombed. Walsh was fired after the Allardyce disaster. Silva came in, initially did poor but the second half of the season we did as well as most of the teams at the top. Rinse and repeat until Ancelotti had us at very good point by which time PSR was a major concern. We were looking like we could compete at the time although with troughs that in part were not helped by us practically demanding a managerial change.

The Benitez season onwards we have been diabolical, we were already stuffed through PSR and the Ukrainian war though.

None of this exonerates Moshiri and the people running the club from their part in the downfall. At the same time a disaster is not caused by one moment or decision, it's a chain of events and factors and by refusing to even consider those is doing sensible debate a massive disservice.

They might have been sat thinking well this hasn't gone the way we wanted, but we'll be able to plough on from a very good starting base (circa 2020 - 4 years after taking over). Then instead of PSR being loosened as people had hoped, it went the opposite way. We lost our main source of income and interest rates went up 2000% + from the 0.25 it was at that time. Everton that.

In 2015 and 2016 we finished 11th
We then finished 7th 8th 8th so im not sure were we got worse? We also had to sell our best players between 2016-2020 to allow us to spend. (Stones, Lukaku, Barkley) Our highest spend off the top of my head was about 100 mil net which isnt massive compared to others. Were we messed up was huge wages which were not sustainable.
Ancelotti not qualifying for europe in 2021 when we had it in our hands up until April probably didnt help and the rest is history.

We’re over one billion in heaped debt, we need regular cash injections beyond our income to keep the lights on, we’re facing two PCR charges that may end our 70 year stay in the top flight division. Despite raising significant fund selling our next players every year, Stones, Lukaku, Barkley, Richarlison, Gorden etc.

How people think the above is anything but gross incompetence, scares me.

Do people still think he got unlucky, it’s madness.

All our problems began, were caused by and end with Moshiri, he’s destroyed this club.