Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 105 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,257 92.3%

• Total voters
We’re over one billion in heaped debt, we need regular cash injections beyond our income to keep the lights on, we’re facing two PCR charges that may end our 70 year stay in the top flight division. Despite raising significant fund selling our next players every year, Stones, Lukaku, Barkley, Richarlison, Gorden etc.

How people think the above is anything but gross incompetence, scares me.

Do people still think he got unlucky, it’s madness.

All our problems began, were caused by and end with Moshiri, he’s destroyed this club.
At the end of the day he's the majority shareholder by some distance. Whichever way you look at it, the buck stops with him.

We’re over one billion in heaped debt, we need regular cash injections beyond our income to keep the lights on, we’re facing two PCR charges that may end our 70 year stay in the top flight division. Despite raising significant fund selling our next players every year, Stones, Lukaku, Barkley, Richarlison, Gorden etc.

All our problems began, were caused by and end with Moshiri, he’s destroyed this club.

People acting like taking the begging bowl to Usmanov every year was in any way a sustainable way to run a business. We should never have been relying solely on him propping us up in the first place.

I don’t understand how anyone has the energy to continue defending Moshiri at this point.

If true the fact that he may have been at Goodison on Monday disgusts me - he’s still getting away with murder, the debt he’s heaped on the club, the existential crisis this club faces with points deductions to give the PL the opportunity to thump us, the costs he’s built up, the losses he’s made, the fact we need money every month not to go to the wall, the fact young Evertonians barely have a star to cling to on the field because everyone has been sold, all the while he’s scheming to sell us to parasites.

Hes an absolute pox, that shouldn’t be allowed anywhere near the club he’s ruined or to swan around Goodison.

I don’t know he continues to get away with it - fluting around with 777 to turn a quick £ at Goodison, while the club is dying and still gets more or less a free ride. We really need to make it uncomfortable and put him under pressure to drop his demands and sell to the right buyer - for the club..

Last edited:
If true the fact that he may have been at Goodison on Monday disgusts me - he’s still getting away with murder, the debt he’s heaped on the club, the existential crisis this club faces with points deductions to give the PL the opportunity to thump us, the costs he’s built up, the losses he’s made, the fact we need money every month not to go to the wall, the fact young Evertonians barely have a star to cling to on the field because everyone has been sold, all the while he’s scheming to sell us to parasites.

Hes an absolute pox, that shouldn’t be allowed anywhere near the club he’s ruined or to swan around Goodison.

I don’t know he continues to get away with it - fluting around with 777 to turn a quick £ at Goodison, while the club is dying and still gets more or less a free ride. We really need to make it uncomfortable and put him under pressure to drop his demands and sell to the right buyer - for the club..
Doesn't matter to him, it was never his club or money, it was Usmanovs

It wouldn’t at all though would it, the fact that all investment ground to an immediate halt when Usmanov was sanctioned pretty much spells it out for you.
He was also a major sponsor and we were sailing close to the edge already
major sponsor does not necessarily mean every penny Moshiri has and spends is Usmanov's.
I don't see that correlation as proof at all

The overwhelming majority of the debt is made up due to the stadium build, which is an asset. One way or another we would have had to eventually absorb those costs.

I never said it wasnt gross incompetence. I disagreed with your point saying we had a godlen credit card between 2016-2020 when compared to everyone else we didnt spend that much.
Chelsea spent more in 2003 summer than we ever spent and that was 15 years before.
We was also starting from bottom half and had to try and build just to break into an already established top 6 when Chelsea came there was only a top 2. When City got took over there was only a top 4 and both had free reign to spend what they like. We never had that. 100 mil net for 2 seasons running was the limit of our spend and for the first 4 years we was doing ok. When we stopped spending became the issue.

People acting like taking the begging bowl to Usmanov every year was in any way a sustainable way to run a business. We should never have been relying solely on him propping us up in the first place.

I don’t understand how anyone has the energy to continue defending Moshiri at this point.
I don't see how anyone has the energy to defend either him or BK TBH. A complete pair of clowns who shouldn't have been anywhere near the club. Both as bad as each other

if you could build a time machine who would you stop Trump becoming USA president or Moshiri "investing" in Everton?
Neither.

I'd go back to a couple of minutes before Kenwrights dad emptied his sack, hammering frantically on the front door saying there's smoke coming out the back window.

Anything to distract him long enough.

Disaster averted.

At the end of the day he's the majority shareholder by some distance. Whichever way you look at it, the buck stops with him.
Exactly this.

It will confuse me until the day I die why he didn't install competent people to protect/grow his investment.

Keeping Kenwright and DBB around who were clearly away with the fairies means I have zero sympathy with him losing 100s of millions.
Moshiri was at Goodison on Monday night....
The Echo have been told he's a lot more involved in the day to day than before Christmas.

I suspect he feels 777 won't happen and he's getting ready to contact other parties.

Exactly this.

It will confuse me until the day I die why he didn't install competent people to protect/grow his investment.

Keeping Kenwright and DBB around who were clearly away with the fairies means I have zero sympathy with him losing 100s of millions.

The Echo have been told he's a lot more involved in the day to day than before Christmas.

I suspect he feels 777 won't happen and he's getting ready to contact other parties.

Ffs. Will the bad news ever end?

Exactly this.

I`d rather have Moshiri keep the club, install a competent board and stay in the background whilst the club become self sustainable than allow 777 to take over.

It might be more prudent to bring investors in over time and sell his shares gradually or when the club is in a much more stable situation.

Hopefully all the PSR issues will be behind us as of this season.