Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 106 7.8%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,259 92.2%

• Total voters
So tomorrow is Truth day.

Hope the FAB ask him some real propper questions and don't flannel the man.

This needs a conclusion and can't drag on in the close season.
Even if they do ask the right questions he'll just give them lip service and waffle on about finding alternative buyers / doubling down on 777 being the ideal new Everton owner. The guy is a grade A bell whistle.

I doubt any of his sycophants would tell him this, maybe if he and others had done a better job of being custodians of the club, he might have been better off. Just a thought to consider Farhad.

@Damo_1878

Not sure which arse back in 2016 you would need surgery to remove your nose from

Mr Moshiri doesn't have to do anything.

He's more interested in 'strategic leadership' than day to day running of the club.

Anyone who has learned anything about Mr Moshiri knows this.

Martinez has simply expressed confidence in the new investor.

Really nothing more than that.

What was the football manager meant to say than that?

Moshiri has already said he intends to support Martinez in the summer. So this is all mute really.

Thats because you do not necessarily have to do leadership in the full glare of the public. Certainly not at this stage.

I've not seen a single behaviour from either board members or club staff that has me concerned.

To suggest otherwise is scare mongering in the extreme!

In a word. No. They're friends. No doubt Usmanov no doubt has had somethings to say... but involvement in the day to day running of EFC?

No chance!

Moshiri doesn't do day to day things. He's all about strategic leadership.

@davek ... I know you want him to be involved day to day mate and you want certain board members to be booted out.

But that has NEVER been Moshiri's style.

It's not going to happen. Moshiri also isn't going to be making public statements when there is no real need to.

He's not an EFC board member and as such really shouldnt be doing that anyway as @The Esk will confirm. Both legally and from a EFC business perspective.

When Moshiri has something he needs to say. He will say it.

There really is no panic as his right hand man (now on the EFC board) is on the case.

It was a case of them asking and then demanding a board seat.

Now Mr Moshiri has one - I don't think we will see any major difference to his 'mission statement'.

I don't for one second think we will spend £150million in the summer on players.

Since FFP means we via him - can only write off £30 million every three years (via a debt-equity swap).

I think what it means is we can sign one or two good signings - every summer.

Guaranteed

Plus infrastructure spending is unlimited. Which is where the majority of his investment will go.

I also think based on his 2012 open letter he won't put debt on the club. He will seek to build infrastructure (stadia etc) increase his share value - then recoup with equity sales to additional investors whilst retaining major stakeholder status.

He's not going to say this right now. As that basically is telling everyone what he is going to do in detail. I'm just saying this as that matches his modus operandi

He's certainly no Randy Lerner!

Someone who knows what he's doing here.

I think you know myself and @The Esk have been obssessing over Moshiri since it was announced.

There's not a day thats gone past without me thinking about what he's going to do.

As you know myself and @The Esk have different views I prefer investment into the stadium; he preferences player acquisitons.

I'm sure we will get both in the longer term.

I think it will be a bit of both and that was what we were trying to say earlier. This 'EFC to spend £150million in the summer' is nonsense.

Unless we are spending next years budget as well. Which I doubt we will do.

I have. As you well know.

Obsessed trying to figure out what he's going to do.

Plus that he's no Randy Lerner!!!

I'm not going that far mate. Just that - lets criticise or raise concerns based on evidence.

Moshiri has been here around three weeks. He's not involved in day to day running the club.

He's appointed a legal entity (a holding company) to hold his assets and that company has a party appointed to the board on his behalf it appears.

Theres no 'asset stripping'.

No real concerns regarding investments (see @The Esk excellent posts/homepage articles on this point) or infrastructure projects - in fact the opposite. Finch Farm work is underway!

No real issues in regards to player retention. People might test our resolve. But Moshiri is keeping his powder dry. Said nothing at this stage.

Think Blue Union are the boys who cried wolf here.

This is no Randy Lerner situation.

Oh Esk. Where do we even start with these things???

Remember. You're talking to the person presently obssessed with trying to work out every facet of what Mr Moshiri is planning for us.

As you well know.

Dave dave dave.

You know I'd be saying -

WISH WE WERE VILLA

All over the show if there was any foreseen issues. Think that some people in BU have fired their guns far far far too early here. This "need for change" thing just looks silly.

Oh Goat. Oh Dave.

Can't we all just get along?

Hopefully Mr Moshiri will do something dramatic to improve the mood.

I doubt if he did that would impress those BU moaners.

Mate, SOME people are never happy. We could be 20 pts clear at the top of the league on course to retain our title...

Yet some would be moaning.

They did it in the time of Kendall and/or Catterick.

I've said it time and again. Moshiri is involved with multiple businesses. He's only got 12 hours of a working day to work on each of them, hence why he's delegating. The key thing is Mr Moshiri will be making decisions quickly that need to be made. Decisions that are not 'Randy Lerner stupid' decisions. That is the key point.

Dave. You're beginning to sound as rambling crazy , similar as the BU nutcases on twitter.

I think you should leave this thread and Moshiri alone for a bit.

Has anyone thought that maybe Moshiri isn't an attention seeking idiot?

Why would he feel a need to be speaking all the time to the media ? Or giving a running commentary on his plans?

This isn't liverpool. When he speaks it'll be worth waiting for.

It also shows why Moshiri will try and work initially within the club by consensus. Not forcing his opinion onto all the existing shareholders.

This is a transition period. Its not realistic for people to expect Moshiri to come in and basically take control. As this is a gradual takeover not an outright takeover.

There will certainly be investment. But it will be done in a way thats not going to radically change the club or our fanbase.

Evolution not revolution.

Outrageous shout.

As I've said countless times. Moshiri - is no Randy Lerner.

Its obvious to anyone they're just gearing up to their latest attention seeking entitlement campaign.

That tweet spoke volumes about BU

Its true. Esk rules OK.

You were mainly targeting Moshiri with your comment.

He's a very busy man with many businesses. Expecting him to be at every game is churlish in the extreme.

You look to be just having a pop at him for the sake of it.

Convinced there is some plot (particuarly by BU) to convince everyone they have grounds for a greivance with Moshiri.

Its all part of a plan to try and justify their existence.

Their posts on twitter show it to be the case.

Moshiri is NO Randy Lerner! :coffee:

Its all this rubbish on the last few pages.

Turned this into an anti kenwright thread when its a EFC board thread.

And the board isn't consisting of just kenwright. Or any evidence of conflict on the board.

Even with all that I still listen to @The Esk

He's the man.

Its quite clear that certain posters are just waiting or looking for something to start on Moshiri. Stating by innuendo that he is a 'fraud'.

Then you start putting ultimatums down.

Its an absolute disgrace really.

The hypocrisy of those begging for investment then throwing stuff at Moshiri (two months in) gets on my nerves.

Self entitlement gone mad from some.

Some humble Moshiri pie will be eaten this summer on here.

Blue Union propaganda campaign against Moshiri.

We all know where your loyalties lie too.

I knew they were going to start this 3 weeks ago. Could tell with the tweets on the Blue Union account.

They're itching to have a go at Moshiri.

That twitter account. Speechless at the ridiculousness of it.

@The Esk has already demonstrated with documentation.

- there is a written contract / written undertakings that exist - that in due course Moshiri will become majority shareholder with around 75% of all shares under his control/ownership

Its a staggered purchase.

He's still in a major position to control the club already as the major shareholder (largest of all shareholders) and with a proxy member on the board.

Nothing of concern.

Exactly.

Whilst the man knows about infrastructure and how important it is.

Its the end of the disintegration of Everton Football Club.

No more robbing Peter to feed Paul. Or needing bridge loans and the like.

Systematic building the clubs base - team and infrastructure up.

We've got someone who wants to build up the club. Not run it down.

Mate. Moshiri will see through the BS in short order.

I can't see him tolerating some of the BS for too long. He's here to get things done.

Hang on now mate, you are moving deck charis around - you provided evidance stated by the club in a PL tribunal stating on planning permission, the money would be granted it wasnt. Now you are saying believe its 2022 you received marketing it would be 2022, your moving the goalposts all over the show - either way we dont have 200 mill, no naming rights (before or after a build) and are skip fire.

But holes all over this argument.

Well, no.

The clubs words clearly aren't my own.

I've shared press reports/what the club shared, as well my view.

Remember, the discussion arose from this;

Moshiri and Usmanov would have weathered the storm and continued to throw money at the club.

But for Ukraine.
Also of course the league changing the rules on us to include the stadium in psr

Unfair when you look at City and West Ham

If they had, what would be different? Wed still be in breach of PSR and have the same players. We didn't run out of money,

£200m+ sponsorship of the stadium etc.

Like with Chelsea, they'd have found a way.

When it was built, in 2025.

^ My point is that no, it wouldn't have been in 2025.

You continue to contest it - and so I've shared coverage including Sky Sports, as I linked (as well as a few others).

I also shared what the club put in their appeal.

I find it baffling there's a view that exists that Russia's war didn't impact Everton tbh. We breached by £19.5m.

Well, no.

The clubs words clearly aren't my own.

I've shared press reports/what the club shared, as well my view.

Remember, the discussion arose from this;

^ My point is that no, it wouldn't have been in 2025.

You continue to contest it - and so I've shared coverage including Sky Sports, as I linked (as well as a few others).

I also shared what the club put in their appeal.

I find it baffling there's a view that exists that Russia's war didn't impact Everton tbh. We breached by £19.5m.

There is still the anomaly that the club states as you presented the money was due on planning permission in 2021, yet was never paid, when the Ukraine invasion was 2022. I don’t expect you to answer that but that was your origanal argument and you changed stream, when it was pointed out.

Likewise, you say the 200 mill would have been before the ground was built, I said, it never happened in the PL before - I’ll concede if it has, so the PL rules may have an issue with it so is different from a run of the mill no affiliated facility - today City are in arbitration challenging the PL on their application of that commercial sponsorship rule, so it’s not the slam dunk suggested.

I also never said it didn’t impact, I said that even if they were pulling strings we’d still be a skip fire and I illustrated by showing how we had to sell Richarlison, spend 1.7 mill in a summer Transfer window and still breached PSR that year - before Russia invaded Ukraine and they were holding interviews with Frank Lampard. They had already run us into the ground and we were in the season gone and continue to deal with their actions of pre Ukraine.

So Ukraine isn’t a get out of jail free card for either - we weren't unlucky we were run into the ground.

Last edited:
There is still the anomaly that the club states as you presented the money was due on planning permission in 2021, yet was never paid, when the Ukraine invasion was 2022. I don’t expect you to answer that but that was your origanal argument and you changed stream, when it was pointed out.

Likewise, you say the 200 mill would have been I said, it never happened in the PL before - I’ll concede if it has, so the PL rules may have an issue with it so is different from a run of the mill no affiliated facility - today City are in arbitration challenging the PL on their application of that rule, so it’s not the slam dunk suggested.

I also never said it didn’t impact, I said that even if they were pulling strings we’d still be a skip fire and I illustrated by showing how we had to sell Richarlison, spend 1.7 mill in a summer
Transfer window and still breached PSR that year - before Russia invaded Ukraine and they were holding interviews with Frank Lampard. They had already run us into the ground and we were in the season gone and continue to deal with their actions of pre Ukraine.

So Ukraine isn’t a get out of jail free card for either - we weren't unlucky we were run into the ground.

It wasn't.

You said the naming rights sponsorship would have only been allowed from when the stadium opened - 2025.

My response you refer to was in response to this;

Disagree, in fact precedents have been set take Arsenals ground, the naming rights were agreed after - has it happened before that naming rights have been paid before a spade goes in the ground in the PL?

As i illustrated the club was already having to sell its best players to satisfy PSR and spent below 2 mill in the transfer window the summer before the invasion of Ukraine, we were in breach that Year. The sponsorship of the training ground was paid that year (the year we were charged) - so its not relevant to the loss we were charged for under PSR like you infer mate.

With;

• The war in Ukraine led Everton to severing financial ties with Alisher Usmanov's holding company USM. On top of the 15 commercial deals they had with USM, they lost a naming rights deal for the new stadium at Bramley Moore dock worth £200m. This would have been activated once planning permission was granted.
In fact, it was in the clubs mitigation;
  • But the commission disagreed and did not accept the club's claim of mitigating factors such as compliance with the Premier League process over the past two years, the impact of the Russia-Ukraine war, which resulted in the loss of the lucrative USM sponsorship, and the impact of the Covid pandemic on the transfer market.
If the commission agreed with that mitigation - we'd have been cleared. They said we should have anticipated things like, war.

For clarity - I'm not saying we weren't in trouble. The warning lights were well flashing - but a £200m+ sponsorship and what would have been inevitable increases in sponsorship would have been a whopping sticking plaster to pull out of the arse pocket.

The bullet points are press reports, BBC/Sky Sports who summarised the clubs mitigation.

I believe the second panel accepted the mitigation around Russia. The first said we shouldn't have relied on a Russian company because of Salisbury poisoning and Crimea.

Later I shared my own view that the rename would have happened Q1 2022.

I disagree with your view that Russia's war didn't have an impact. It did, the stadium is one example - that's £200m that will never happen.

There would have been more, too.

I'm not saying we didn't have to cut our cloth prior the invasion, or we weren't run terribly. I'm not saying it's all due to Russia's war - @Zatara said Ukraine caused impact, you disputed that saying how things would be different. I gave the example of £200m stadium. You argued the timeline and impact.

Anyway, never going to agree. In my view, if Russia don't invade Ukraine, Everton have much more income through sponsorship and after the 10 year deal USM Arena opens, Usmanov becomes owner.