Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 105 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,259 92.3%

• Total voters
I’m sorry to report that trying to compete involves more than simply throwing a load of your mate’s money into a pot for one of the incompetent buffoons you’ve appointed to pick up and spend on crap.

He never showed any intention of putting an actual structure in place at the football club, on the football side or commercially, and consistently appointed absolute wronguns like Benitez against the advice of almost everyone that knew better. He’s the worst owner in English football history.
It’s a perfect example of the danger of having ownership that knows SFA about football and its traditions. A bit like me being appointed head of space travel at Elon Musk’s gaff.

I’m sorry to report that trying to compete involves more than simply throwing a load of your mate’s money into a pot for one of the incompetent buffoons you’ve appointed to pick up and spend on crap.

He never showed any intention of putting an actual structure in place at the football club, on the football side or commercially, and consistently appointed absolute wronguns like Benitez against the advice of almost everyone that knew better. He’s the worst owner in English football history.
Also if you want to compete in any way, shape or form the last thing you do is let bloody Kia Joorabchian get involved in any deals made, it's a recipe for disaster.

Can we have a list of all the good things Moshiri has done? People are gonna say the stadium but there are question marks over that. Will it even be owned by the club? Will it bring any financial benefits whatsoever or will it be being paid off for the next twenty years?

What other good things has he done?

Then can we have a list of all the bad/stupid stuff he’s done? Take Jim White for starters, or Lukaku’s voodoo thing. That’s before we even get onto the money wasted.

It would be interesting to see people’s lists laid out in single posts.

Can we have a list of all the good things Moshiri has done? People are gonna say the stadium but there are question marks over that. Will it even be owned by the club? Will it bring any financial benefits whatsoever or will it be being paid off for the next twenty years?

Then can we have a list of all the bad/stupid stuff he’s done? Take Jim White for starters, or Lukaku’s voodoo thing. That’s before we even get onto the money wasted.

The main thing for me was getting rid of the old, stale Chairman and board. Look at Newcastle for an example, they got Professionals in to help their owner. I'm sure Chelsea and City done thd same.

The main thing for me was getting rid of the old, stale Chairman and board. Look at Newcastle for an example, they got Professionals in to help their owner. I'm sure Chelsea and City done thd same.
Sadly he didn't even achieve that. Did he bring anybody in from outside? I think the vast majority of people in high influence positions have come from within Everton haven't they? I can think of Brands who was crazily offered a place on the Board of Directors as coming from outside of the club, but not many more come to mind.

He needed to come in and sweep the club clean of the losers that brought us down to also-ran status within the Premier League. He failed on that and that's what had led us to where we are today.

I posed this question over the weekend. Manager interviews were taking place on Usmanov’s yacht or he was in on conference calls for big decisions like that.

How could Bill Kenwright have stopped that going on?

I posed this question over the weekend. Manager interviews were taking place on Usmanov’s yacht or he was in on conference calls for big decisions like that.

That's the problem with how the club was setup and the lack of proper infrastructure. Sasha Rystanev (spelling) was appointed by Mosh/Usmanov to build our commercial side but according to him "The board" (Kenwright) kept blocking his ideas/suggestions so he walked away. My only question to him would be if that was the case why didn't he go back to Moshiri and get him to intervene?

If Bill Kenwright wasn't happy with what was happening he could have walked away at any time. He willingly went along with it and continued to associate himself with the demise of Everton.

He'll always be remembered as the man who 'couldn't find' a buyer for 20 years, yet when he did, saw us become the only football club in British football history to spend hundreds of millions and go dramatically backwards.

Oh my God, you have given one example. Please stop defending him, he has passed on we all realise this but that should not stop criticism of his awful tenure or our other board members part in this. A Chief Finance Officer Grant Ingles and ex CEO Denise Barret Baxendale who both refused or were not allowed I doubt the latter by certain accounts to attend and give evidence at the hearing.
They are with Moshiri all culpable for this mess we find ourselves in where only the club, players and Fans will be punished, not them.

Can we have a list of all the good things Moshiri has done? People are gonna say the stadium but there are question marks over that. Will it even be owned by the club?
probably not
Will it bring any financial benefits whatsoever
Again, probably not
or will it be being paid off for the next twenty years?
I very much doubt it

He could've not sold his shares to him in the first place

Whoop, there it is.

Moshiri is ultimately culpable for everything that’s gone on. Full stop. But apparently he’s the big dog who’s building (or attempting to build) a stadium so he gets much less flak than Kenwright, DBB, Michael Keane, etc.

And the well has run dry.

To be fair at the time no one complained we were desperate for a new rich owner, because of our debt ridden finances, we had nothing left to sell and the chance of catching up to the rest of the pack was dwindling.
We weren't complaining at the time because we did not know any better at the time.

Whoop, there it is.

Moshiri is ultimately culpable for everything that’s gone on. Full stop. But apparently he’s the big dog who’s building (or attempting to build) a stadium so he gets much less flak than Kenwright, DBB, Michael Keane, etc.

And the well has run dry.
Kenwright could've sold the club to someone competent, but chose to sell us to an absolute clown who would keep him around. They're both a pair of clowns and are both responsible for the decline of the club. If you are unwilling to acknowledge Kenwright's role in this alongside that of Moshiri then I have to question your motives for posting