Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 105 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,251 92.3%

• Total voters
We are not everyone else. I'm not arsed about everyone else , I don't support "everyone else".

I don't want "the best owner". We don't need the "best owner" It's not about having "X" amount and putting hands in pockets.

It's about having a plan, surrounding yourself with people who can achieve and execute the plan.

We have absolutely nothing to suggest anyone from the tea lady upwards understand what they're doing or what is expected.

Of course it is - how did Man City go from being no marks to where they are now?

This is the billionaire's league - clubs like Burnley and Norwich and Everton under Kenwright slowly get squeezed out the more Saudi's, Oligarchs and Shiekhs buy into clubs.

Of course we need to be better run - but Its nonsense to suggest our fanbase would be happy seeing the club spending little to nothing when we lose our heeds the moment we aint fighting for Europe.

How many times was David Moyes a Moutinho or a Negredo away from fighting for Champions League football but couldn't get there because our owner was skint?

Be careful what you wish for - Mosh aint perfect but he puts his hand in his pocket.

Be careful what you wish for - Mosh aint perfect but he puts his hand in his pocket.

This a million times over. It's not like we are the obvious choice to buy, we are in a city that one team has dominated the other for the last half a century. Anyone else coming in and we would not have spent that much money and we would be roughly in the same position if not worse. The stadium is the one thing that gives us hope that when the next mega billionaire comes along we might be closer to the top of the list than before. That is the biggest gift we could have, the hope for a brighter future some day.

This a million times over. It's not like we are the obvious choice to buy, we are in a city that one team has dominated the other for the last half a century. Anyone else coming in and we would not have spent that much money and we would be roughly in the same position if not worse. The stadium is the one thing that gives us hope that when the next mega billionaire comes along we might be closer to the top of the list than before. That is the biggest gift we could have, the hope for a brighter future some day.

Can you post a YouTube video of yourself singing this...it's such an upbeat sentiment that I'm having a hard time believing you're not drunk so I'd just like to verify.

?

Lads your thinking of this from a football fans perspective.

From a billionaires point of view it’s like this, interest rates are massively low historically, where do you invest money if you are a billionaire? Answer the PL. Look around, clubs are beung invested in all around the established PL where there is an opportunity.

Moshiri knows he will get every penny he put into the club back and more. You need to think of this as Billionaires parking money, waiting for their interest before cashing in.

Can you post a YouTube video of yourself singing this...it's such an upbeat sentiment that I'm having a hard time believing you're not drunk so I'd just like to verify.

?

I might have had a couple, unfortunately not drunk though and I stand by it this morning. Owners come and go and even the good ones can turn bad, we can't blame him for trying. He doesn't sit in his office and think how can I lose as much money as possible today. Everything is done with the best intentions, we need to see what the next stage of the plan is before turning on him. The fact he is chucking in over 100 million in to the stadium while not totally exonerating for every mistake should cut him a large piece of slack.

I don't want "the best owner". We don't need the "best owner" It's not about having "X" amount and putting hands in pockets.

It's about having a plan, surrounding yourself with people who can achieve and execute the plan.
Of course it is - how did Man City go from being no marks to where they are now?

This is the billionaire's league - clubs like Burnley and Norwich and Everton under Kenwright slowly get squeezed out the more Saudi's, Oligarchs and Shiekhs buy into clubs.

Of course we need to be better run - but Its nonsense to suggest our fanbase would be happy seeing the club spending little to nothing when we lose our heeds the moment we aint fighting for Europe.

How many times was David Moyes a Moutinho or a Negredo away from fighting for Champions League football but couldn't get there because our owner was skint?

Isn't it a bit of A and a part of B? Having the resources at your disposal (an owner who'll spend or good revenue) provides the opportunity to succeed.

However, like we've seen with Moshiri, if the money is not spent wisely then you can quite easily throw money up the wall and not really progress on the pitch.

You only need to look at the money we spent on Bolasie, Tosun, Walcott, the player who shan't be named and even the likes of Gomes, Delph et al.

The list goes on and it shows that simply having the money available isn't a guarantee of success; we need someone who is prudent and part of a wider plan.

Yet, this isn't a direct criticism of Moshiri himself but rather the wider setup... you can't criticise him too much as he has invested like we've wished for.

Whether he's doing it for a long-term profit or not, our owner has spent money on the pitch and importantly helping to fund our new, wonderful stadium.

Moyes had a torrid time for nearly a decade, but his ability to build a squad and finding bargains - like he did so well for us - is starting to come to the fore.

I'm not saying I want Moyes back, but I would like a leadership team that have a wider plan and can be astute with the money - spending wisely.

Whether you spend £5m, £25m or £50m, you want that money spent well rather than it being spent on a player that doesn't warrant the price tag.

people ask how did Everton get into this mess, and the answer is above. He is clearly a complete idiot. Which makes you think, how did Bill's 24/7 search for the perfect owner end at this guy's door? But then bill did make tens of millions from the sale, and that possibly affected his judgment slightly as to what was best for the club.
Probably all the clowns with cakes coming to kick his head in made him sell up.

I love the "made millions" stuff too. That's what happens when you sell stuff, you make money from it. Well apart from when we sell our players of course.

Moshiri has been smart in kind of covering over his moments of madness. We blame so many other people because we have no real clue who does what, again that is down to him.

Isn't it a bit of A and a part of B? Having the resources at your disposal (an owner who'll spend or good revenue) provides the opportunity to succeed.

However, like we've seen with Moshiri, if the money is not spent wisely then you can quite easily throw money up the wall and not really progress on the pitch.

You only need to look at the money we spent on Bolasie, Tosun, Walcott, the player who shan't be named and even the likes of Gomes, Delph et al.

The list goes on and it shows that simply having the money available isn't a guarantee of success; we need someone who is prudent and part of a wider plan.

Yet, this isn't a direct criticism of Moshiri himself but rather the wider setup... you can't criticise him too much as he has invested like we've wished for.

Whether he's doing it for a long-term profit or not, our owner has spent money on the pitch and importantly helping to fund our new, wonderful stadium.

Moyes had a torrid time for nearly a decade, but his ability to build a squad and finding bargains - like he did so well for us - is starting to come to the fore.

I'm not saying I want Moyes back, but I would like a leadership team that have a wider plan and can be astute with the money - spending wisely.

Whether you spend £5m, £25m or £50m, you want that money spent well rather than it being spent on a player that doesn't warrant the price tag.
Yeah we deffo need to stop spending 25-30M on squad players. We can not afford to keep doing that. You can spend big on a top player who is ready to go but the likes of a Ben Godfrey for example, a player with loads of potential but who is far from the finished article should be costing us about 5M before he gets a price tag on his head.

Yeah we deffo need to stop spending 25-30M on squad players. We can not afford to keep doing that. You can spend big on a top player who is ready to go but the likes of a Ben Godfrey for example, a player with loads of potential but who is far from the finished article should be costing us about 5M before he gets a price tag on his head.
I agree and disagree. We've spent £25m on Godfrey, who is to some extent a squad player and a youth prospect, but I do feel that was a sensible fee.

He has shown to have good potential and has supported the first XI. Yet, we spent a a fairly similar price on Iwobi - £28m which could potentially go to £35m.

Would you claim that fee was sensible? Personally, I wouldn't. I have no issue with the club spending the money if it's worth it, but more often than not it hasn't.

Still, it would be much better if we could buy low and still get the talent, like Moyes often did, but that's less likely to happen and requires a specific skill set.

For me, I think we should have always been looking at focusing on a small number of key acquisitions that develop the first XI rather than squad players.

100% agree there.

Moshiri hasn't made the right decisions but sadly he's been hoodwinked by two "football men" in Kenwright and Brands who as much as we dont like either are respected in the industry.

Pros:

1. BMD
2. Invested large sums of money
3. Debt Free
4. Hired Benitez

Cons:

1. Kept Kenwright and the old bhoys network around the club / not shaken up the board.

2. Keeping Brands on after 3 poor years of recruitment

Overall he's done more positive than negative imo. There is certainly room for improvement though.

100% agree there.

Moshiri hasn't made the right decisions but sadly he's been hoodwinked by two "football men" in Kenwright and Brands who as much as we dont like either are respected in the industry.

Pros:

1. BMD
2. Invested large sums of money
3. Debt Free
4. Hired Benitez

Cons:

1. Kept Kenwright and the old bhoys network around the club / not shaken up the board.

2. Keeping Brands on after 3 poor years of recruitment

Overall he's done more positive than negative imo. There is certainly room for improvement though.
Brands is a difficult one for me. While I am concerned with our signings and an apparent lack of cohesive plan, there's also evidence he has been ignored.

Based on what he's previously said, would it be fair to consider the likes of Allan, James, Townsend and others as his signings (his type of signing)?

You only need to look at the comment about Tosun from Moshiri to know that the owner had previously played his part too, so has that continued?

I'm not saying Brands is not at fault; rather, I worry that the systems behind the scenes may not conducive to a long-term plan that will bear fruit.

It feels slapdash and jumping from one strategy to another, namely down to change of manager and direction, with lots of people making decisions.

Personally, I've heard a fair few comments that DBB was chosen as she knows the club and is a yes-woman, but this has produced a dysfunctional board.

Probably all the clowns with cakes coming to kick his head in made him sell up.

I love the "made millions" stuff too. That's what happens when you sell stuff, you make money from it. Well apart from when we sell our players of course.

Moshiri has been smart in kind of covering over his moments of madness. We blame so many other people because we have no real clue who does what, again that is down to him.
is it? you routinely make tens of millions on your sales?
why should he be given a free hit. As steward of this club he has been an unmitigated disaster. He was handed a club a few years ago which had significant assets. inc Barkley Stones Lukaku. He's wasted it all. People say, 'well it's his money'. Actually it's the clubs money which he has spent. Yes he's provided loans, but I suspect when he comes to sell he will want those loans paying back. To say he has driven us into the ground would be a pretty accurate statement. We have literally ran out of money, and are prevented from spending more thanks to rules put in place to prevent clubs going into receivership. Let's not when contemplating this smouldering ruin, put our hands over our eyes and shriek 'we're to blame!'. No, he's to blame. He's an idiot. And I blame Kenwright totally for putting the club in his hands. Come on, you've only got to listen to him for five minutes to know he is a fool. A fool with money though. I'll bet Kenwright couldn't sleep the night after he met Farhad.'Jenny love, I've found him, I've found him at last!'

Brands is a difficult one for me. While I am concerned with our signings and an apparent lack of cohesive plan, there's also evidence he has been ignored.

Based on what he's previously said, would it be fair to consider the likes of Allan, James, Townsend and others as his signings (his type of signing)?

You only need to look at the comment about Tosun from Moshiri to know that the owner had previously played his part too, so has that continued?

I'm not saying Brands is not at fault; rather, I worry that the systems behind the scenes may not conducive to a long-term plan that will bear fruit.

It feels slapdash and jumping from one strategy to another, namely down to change of manager and direction, with lots of people making decisions.

Personally, I've heard a fair few comments that DBB was chosen as she knows the club and is a yes-woman, but this has produced a dysfunctional board.

Agreed on Brands, I've been willing to cut him some fairly large slack on the whole but one failing I can easily point out is that he didn't do the root and branch review on the medical/prep staff himself. As DoF he should be plugged into everything, he actually appears more like a facilitator to just get what others want more than stick to his own plan. The fact we've only got a handful of promising young players through the door is also a black mark.

Now when he signed a new contract he might have said we have done things your way and it didn't work so now it's time for my way, if so we need to start seeing results. If we get to August 2023 (so he has got 4 windows and by all accounts we will have little in the pot for the upcoming one - so really 3 windows) without significant progress then we need to find someone else.

is it? you routinely make tens of millions on your sales?
why should he be given a free hit. As steward of this club he has been an unmitigated disaster. He was handed a club a few years ago which had significant assets. inc Barkley Stones Lukaku. He's wasted it all. People say, 'well it's his money'. Actually it's the clubs money which he has spent. Yes he's provided loans, but I suspect when he comes to sell he will want those loans paying back. To say he has driven us into the ground would be a pretty accurate statement. We have literally ran out of money, and are prevented from spending more thanks to rules put in place to prevent clubs going into receivership. Let's not when contemplating this smouldering ruin, put our hands over our eyes and shriek 'we're to blame!'. No, he's to blame. He's an idiot. And I blame Kenwright totally for putting the club in his hands. Come on, you've only got to listen to him for five minutes to know he is a fool. A fool with money though. I'll bet Kenwright couldn't sleep the night after he met Farhad.'Jenny love, I've found him, I've found him at last!'
Its daft though.

"We want a new owner" "Why has it took years to get a new owner?" "Lets spend money we don't have!"

to

"We want a different new owner" "It should have took longer to get a new owner" "Lets spend money on better!"

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

We get what we deserve. Everything wrong with the club right now is on Moshiri. Let's just hope he learns from his mistakes.