Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 105 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,251 92.3%

• Total voters
Since Moshiri took control of the club in 2016 I am amazed at the amount of hidings we have had that wasn't prevalent in the previous decade.Yes we had the odd thrashing by a top Arsenal/ United side pre Moshiri but its every season now. Clubs like Atalanta scoring 5 at goodison, spurs scoring 6 here, 5-0 defeats to Chelsea ,Man City in recent times, a total anhilation at Arsenal when we were 4 down inside 20 mins in 2018, 4-1 down at Anfield at half time in 2019, its endless.
Is Moshiri a jinx?
Too right mate some of the worst performances I've seen have been under Moshiri, even in Koemann's first season we had awful defeats away from home, when we were absolutely terrible, getting thrashed by an average Arsenal side, yes they beat us 6-1 under Moyes but they were quality that day. Losing to an average Atlanta 5-1 and 3-0 was awful.

Yes Moyes lost 3-0 to Liverpool with a reserve side out, but he didn't lose to Liverpool's reserve side, when they didn't even want to be in the cup. We lost games under Martinez, but largely they involved us getting outplayed or just attacking too much such as West Ham and Stoke at home.

People have a go at Moyes for his record at the big grounds, but when you look at it more carefully we nearly beat the RS in 2002 and 2007 and it was only because of Howard that we didn't win in 2011. In 2007 we got a wrongly disallowed goal at Chelsea, and could on won in 2009 and 2010 there. Arsenal were conceded in stoppage time and under Fergie United rarely lost at home so it's no shame failing to beat them at OT.

Another thing about Moshiri that did my head in was when he kept Silva in for the derby at Anfield, I'm convinced under Ferguson, we'd of gone there and got a draw, but instead he just threw the game, by keeping Silva in the job. Unlike Martinez who for all his flaws had at least won the cup the previous season, Silva had done nothing to justify been given the Everton job, yet was given it anyway. We've just become a joke of a football club.

Said from day one he needed a new board.

Instead, he reshuffled deck chairs on the Titanic.

Weak.

Clueless.

New CEO. New DOF. New Chairman.

A repeat of the last few years board mismanagement will put us in a real perilous position.

I agree with this, time for Moshiri to hit the reset button and go headhunting....

New Chairman
New CEO
New DoF
New Academy Manager

All should have a proven track record in the 3 major leagues. We cant do much about the players until January but a big clear out is needed and an influx of young, hungry and mobile players needed to come in seeing as our youth will have no chance of breaking through as I assume they are not good enough.

Changed my vote to disappointed the day he hired Benitez, not just because I thought Benitez was a manager who had a history with our lovable neighbours, but because Benitez is a manager who was never going to get an inch of leeway from the fans, he is a manager with an outdated philosophy and too much arrogance and stubbornness to change his ways.

The fact that Moshiri chose to ignore all this and was willing to ignore the wishes of a significant number of our fans, demonstrated to me how far out of touch with the club he is. You can’t fault his willingness to throw money at our problems, but, his scattergun approach has left us in a worse position now than we were when he arrived.

Probably best for all concerned if he gets the stadium built and then sells up.

Reaping what he has sown unfortunately for us, with his poor decisions since minute one.

Should have been the ruthless and turfed all the hangers on, including kenwright, out as soon as he landed.

He has allowed his money to be wasted and then interfered in all the major footballing decisions, and got those wrong.

Mosh needs to hit the reset and terminate every single useless turd at the club from the top down - kenwright, DBB, Brands, every bloody ex-player coach, scout and also sell or release those cowardly players who don't give a flying fook.

He needs to do it before the ground is complete.

Reaping what he has sown unfortunately for us, with his poor decisions since minute one.

Should have been the ruthless and turfed all the hangers on, including kenwright, out as soon as he landed.

He has allowed his money to be wasted and then interfered in all the major footballing decisions, and got those wrong.

Mosh needs to hit the reset and terminate every single useless turd at the club from the top down - kenwright, DBB, Brands, every bloody ex-player coach, scout and also sell or release those cowardly players who don't give a flying fook.

He needs to do it before the ground is complete.

Why would he suddenly do all of that now after 5 years? He’s part of the boy’s club. He is a hanger on, a pilot fish feeding off the club.

Man’s had the right intentions, he’s nowhere near the levels of scumbags like the Oystons or the guy at Bury or the guys at Macclesfield that almost or literally bankrupted them clubs to the point that two of them are at the lowest rungs of the league ladder

What he is is very naive, Kenwright should have been fully bought out by May 2016, so he could start with a fresh impetus. He could still do that, have a full clear out and go external on appointments, or sell up to Usmanov who will do that exact thing

Man’s had the right intentions, he’s nowhere near the levels of scumbags like the Oystons or the guy at Bury or the guys at Macclesfield that almost or literally bankrupted them clubs to the point that two of them are at the lowest rungs of the league ladder

What he is is very naive, Kenwright should have been fully bought out by May 2016, so he could start with a fresh impetus. He could still do that, have a full clear out and go external on appointments, or sell up to Usmanov who will do that exact thing

He’s more comparable to Venky’s at Blackburn or Vincent Tan at Cardiff to me. Dangerous having someone like that in charge of your club.