Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 105 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,251 92.3%

• Total voters
He has to spend the big bucks in January. I want griezzmann (wants to leave athletico?) and a top CB in the ilk of Sergio Ramos. No ifs or buts, get the (bad language removed by moderator) players in Moshiri.

It would be like cutting a holiday in the Bahamas short to go to Ainsdale beach in the middle of winter

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Moshiri only own 49.9% of the shares in the club and doesn't have a seat on the board?
He may not have his own seat on the board but you will find he had an agreement when he acquired 49% that he can appoint a director which he did. When he acquires the rest i can’t see the board looking like it does. Woods will be stood down and I will be surprised if Kenwright is chairman.

I think many are missing something of genius strategy.

What is trually amazing is that Bill Kenwright, somehow got Moshiri to invest 10s of million in the football club, in a variety of different areas. Retains all executive functions as chairman of the board and yet removed himself from the public eye and subsequent heat, while we write pages and pages about Moshiri and lack of progress in the revolution.

It’s outstanding machiavellian strategy. If only the board could make good decisions.

What is trually amazing is that Bill Kenwright, somehow got Moshiri to invest 10s of million in the football club, in a variety of different areas. Retains all executive functions as chairman of the board and yet removed himself from the public eye and subsequent heat, while we write pages and pages about Moshiri and lack of progress in the revolution.

It’s outstanding machiavellian strategy. If only the board could make good decisions.

But he's a true blue mate, through and through.

*clap* *clap* *clap*

Well as I keep pointing out, anybody that still criticises a man who has :

Cleared all our debts
Sacked 2 under performing managers
and spent 240m on players in 3 transfer windows

Is a moron.

Hmmm......

sss.gif

Living proof that steroids are bad for you kids.

Don't do it.

But he's a true blue mate, through and through.

*clap* *clap* *clap*

I actually have relative respect for Kenwright and likely always will, I remember where we were when he took over and the relative success through some lean years financially.

What is clear however is he is now out of his depth as chairman, he doesn’t have the skill set to manage our new resources or it seems a board in managing them, our commercial and communication strategy is awful, key areas of the club that need to grow. We are in a bigger pond now and Bills expierence is all in fire fighting and getting juice out of last months oranges. It’s not about personalities as I have a lot of time for Bill, it’s about what’s best for the club.

Yet, how he convinced Moshiri to drop 100 mill + into the club and remain in control as chairman, is beyond genius and actually quite staggering in its brilliance.

Well as I keep pointing out, anybody that still criticises a man who has :

Cleared all our debts
Sacked 2 under performing managers
and spent 240m on players in 3 transfer windows

Is a moron.

Resources aren’t the problem mate, decision making and skill set at board level are, like I posted above. Moshiri doesn’t sit on the board.

He is guilty of trusting the wrong people and he’s been sold a couple of pups.

It’s clearly a quid pro quo.
‘Invest in Everton Fathad’
‘No!what do I know about running football clubs?’
‘No. I’ll run things, you just need to come up with the investment, and once the Counciil agree to fund the stadium, we’ll both be quids in’
‘Hmmm. Let me think about it’

Who appointed a DoF? There is one mistake right there.

Too many chiefs, not enough Indians.

Many top clubs all across Europe employ a DoF successfully, many clubs go through a few of them before they find 1 that works, now clearly theres been a few teething problems, but a vast amount of Managers these days prefer working with a DoF, it allows them to focus on footballing matters, so I personally dont consider the DoF model a mistake.

He has clearly made footballing decisions that have been proved to be somewhat questionable, but his "investment" allows us to make a few mistakes.

Which mistakes have been made tho?

We have increased revenues across the Board.

Turnover actually went down in the last published accounts mate, when you subset it down, our revenue increases and is dependent on tv deal increases rather then being organic. We significantly trail CL teams and even some mid table PL teams on areas like, sponsorship, corporate hospitality and commercially broadly. Huge scope in the business for improvement, growth and new revenue.

As well as the above other individual mistakes in my opinion are:

We fluffed two summer transfer windows armed with a decent kitty and are hoping to avoid relegation.

We spent North of 120 mill on players, 40 odd net and got worse.

We sold Lukaku.

We sold Lukaku with no replacement in the door.

We have spent over 20 mill hiring and firing managers, we currently don’t have a full time one and it was been that way for a month, via 4 pl games and also got knocked of Europe and the League Cup.

The board is ultimately responsible.

Last edited: