Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 105 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,259 92.3%

• Total voters
Don't know much about the guy but having watched Panorama the other night he does come across as a bit mad.
You do have to question his business acumen as Kev50 points out. We paid silly money for Iceland and Klaasen, appointed what is starting to look like a duffer as DoF......and do we really need one? Also if current reports are to be believed, 8.5 mil to release Silva from his contract plus his wages whilst paying off the last failed manager. Not to mention the debacle that was the summer transfer window.
Moshiri for good or bad will definitely become part of the clubs rich history.

Don't know much about the guy but having watched Panorama the other night he does come across as a bit mad.
You do have to question his business acumen as Kev50 points out. We paid silly money for Iceland and Klaasen, appointed what is starting to look like a duffer as DoF......and do we really need one? Also if current reports are to be believed, 8.5 mil to release Silva from his contract plus his wages whilst paying off the last failed manager. Not to mention the debacle that was the summer transfer window.
If he carries on wasting that sort of cash he'll be taking a header out of helicopter into the Irish Sea.

I think he should hire a few GOT members, as his advisers. Can't get any worse than it already is.

It won't be me though. Im no expert, just a nerd.

An important question that arises is have EFC taken on more debt due to those expenditures? I'd be amazed if the Chinese faciliy wasn't used to buy Sig hence our desperation to recoup some of that outlay by pushing Barkley out the door.

An important question that arises is have EFC taken on more debt due to those expenditures? I'd be amazed if the Chinese faciliy wasn't used to buy Sig hence our desperation to recoup some of that outlay by pushing Barkley out the door.
You may very well have a point but after the sale of Lukakku and the television revenue is taken into account we might still have that facility. Hopefully we do, because with a new manager and the January window fast approaching we may have need of those funds. We could get another three in the midfield with that money.

I would be amazed if there was anything left. At least until the next slice of TV money.

Very unlikely.

Our accounts were in tip top condition after Moshiri gave us that little 80m injection, we increased ALL our commerical deals, plus the 75m from USM, coupled with the pennies we will get from Europa and the increase in the TV money, we have some funds to spend.

Now clearly our early exit from the Europa and our possible lowish league placing will impact a little and of course any compo we will have to spend on a new manager and sacking our old manager, but we do have some players we could ship out in the next 2 windows, granted none of which will bring in mega money.

Very unlikely.

Our accounts were in tip top condition after Moshiri gave us that little 80m injection, we increased ALL our commerical deals, plus the 75m from USM, coupled with the pennies we will get from Europa and the increase in the TV money, we have some funds to spend.

Now clearly our early exit from the Europa and our possible lowish league placing will impact a little and of course any compo we will have to spend on a new manager and sacking our old manager, but we do have some players we could ship out in the next 2 windows, granted none of which will bring in mega money.
From memory the Chinese facility is a loan of up to £60m the club can draw down anytime for things like player acquisition according to the Echo who would have been informed by the club.
It first came to light contemporaneously with our surprise early expenditures in the summer and for me almost certainly functioned as a bridging loan between buying Klasen, Pickford etc and selling Lu.
Swansea I'm sure would have insisted on a significent lump sum payment for Sig and only taken part in the staggered payments we would have been pushing for so I'd imagine the facility would have again been utilised.
Aside from the USM cash I'm of the impression that commercial income has risen largly in line with other clubs and there's been no dramatic increase despite the hype.
As far as TV money goes I think for us and other clubs a significent portion of that is being eaten up by spiralling player wages.

From memory the Chinese facility is a loan of up to £60m the club can draw down anytime for things like player acquisition according to the Echo who would have been informed by the club.
It first came to light contemporaneously with our surprise early expenditures in the summer and for me almost certainly functioned as a bridging loan between buying Klasen, Pickford etc and selling Lu.
Swansea I'm sure would have insisted on a significent lump sum payment for Sig and only taken part in the staggered payments we would have been pushing for so I'd imagine the facility would have again been utilised.
Aside from the USM cash I'm of the impression that commercial income has risen largly in line with other clubs and there's been no dramatic increase despite the hype.
As far as TV money goes I think for us and other clubs a significent portion of that is being eaten up by spiralling player wages.

"We have no restrictions on spending"

Farhad Moshiri