Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.8%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,264 92.2%

• Total voters
Thanks for any info. My guess and could be way off base is that there is an agreement in place to purchase the other majority shareholder after a transitional period. Possibly even funds and shares placed in a trust with a first option of purchase after x period of time. It has happened a couple of times in the states with sports teams.

My question is this, what is to stop him from just finding a minority shareholder some place and purchasing enough shares to put him over 50%? I wouldn't be upset at it mind you. But is there something legally that would prevent him from day finding 100 shares (or whatever the number is to put him at 50.1%) and paying a premium on those and having essentially full control?

Hes got full control, nobody can veto anything.

FM looks a shrewd cookie who did well for himself at the right time. You don't get to be a partner at Deloitte Touche, one of the most respected consultancy/accountancy firms in the world, without being top drawer.
I was thinking this myself. He's obviously more than capable at managing finances and has been successful in his investments around the world.

Also, if he requires external support with regards to future investment, I'm sure he'll be shrewd in finding the right parties to get involved.

So £175 million for 49.9%, suprisingly im quite indifferent to this, Kenwright stays on and it's not a complete takeover. Just feels like more of the same.

So £175 million for 49.9%, suprisingly im quite indifferent to this, Kenwright stays on and it's not a complete takeover. Just feels like more of the same.

He won't have paid that for his shareholding. That figure probably includes an amount to be invested in the club. At least I hope it does.