Fantasy EFC Rebuild

Status
Not open for further replies.
On past form, which as we know is not 'always' a reliable indicator, I fear your version will be nearer the reality of the situation than it is to the 100M+ 8 decent player spunk fest we actually need.

edit; needs video clip of end of The Who song...

I'll tip my hat to the new constitution
Take a bow for the new revolution
Smile and grin at the change all around
Pick up my guitar and play
Just like yesterday
Then I'll get on my knees and pray
We don't get fooled again
Don't get fooled again
No, no!

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Meet the new boss
Same as the old boss

(must be played loud)

GK Pickford
RB JJ Kenny
LB Baines
CB Romagnoli
CB Keane
CM Schneiderlin
CM Gana Gueye
CM Klassan
RAM Barkley
LAM Sigurdsson
CF Icardi

Subs: Joel, Holgate, Williams, Davies, Mirallas, Sandro, Deulofeu, Rooney
Squad: Jagielka, Lennon, Calvert-Lewin, Lookman, Walsh, Dowell, Besic, Pennington, Galloway, Garbutt, Browning, Connelly
Injured: Coleman, Bolasie

Signed: Pickford £30m, Romagnoli £24m, Keane £20m, Klassan £22m, Sigurdsson £24.5m, Icardi £42m, Rooney Free, Sandro 6m
Sold: Funes Mori - £17m, Lukaku - £83m, Niasse - £8m,

£60m net spend.... imagine!

You're destined to become a forum legend...or leg end. The choice is yours:dodgy:

Think we both know how this will pan out, the signs were there from the beginning. Two right backs? *shuffles off this mortal coil to much applause and flag-waving*

Also just noticed this thread now. Quite well timed as it occurred to me that there could be wholesale changes coming and over 2 seasons we might have a new team bar one or 2. This is not because we super rich but largely we have a squad that are leaving, ageing or overly injured or not good enough.

Of the current first team regulars I would see going forward remaining in the squad:
Coleman; Holgate; Schneiderlin; Gueye; Davies; Lookman

Promote up now:
Kenny, Dowell, Walsh

With luck bring up from the U23 in the next 2 seasons:
Baningime; Evans; Robinson

We on the way with a GK and the ACM we need, hopefully a striker too. Will they be good enough time will tell.
But there is a clear need to rebuild defense. RB sorted 100% in my opinion as I would start with Kenny till Coleman back. Holgate to prove he can become the CB number 1. Robinson might prove good enough to take the torch from Baines, but I would be tempted to go all out for that Sessengon character hearing a lot about now until Baines winds down.
I see our midfield 3 breaking up somewhere or one or 2 pushed the bench. I think Schneids is number 1 of the 3 and the other 2 will fight it out. If Davies kicks on to world class sorted! No immediate need to sign someone here - especially as Besic might be like a new signing.
In front of them we have youngsters vying to play who I do believe have huge potential. I don't see Bolasie as an answer long term and will get frustrated with him. Our big 2 will leave for glory. Big money will be spent here soon and for an extended period until we find the right formula.

Out:
Deulofeu - 12m
Robles - 8m
Lukaku - 80m
Funes - 15m
Niasse - 8m
McGeady - 2m

In:
Pickford - 20m
Bowler - 5m
Lemos - 12m
Siggurdson - 30m
Sandro - 6m
Rooney - 10m

Line up:
GK - Pickford
RB - Holgate
CB - Lemos
CB - Williams
LB - Baines
CM - Gueye
CM - Schneiderlin
CM - Davies
RF - Sandro
ST - Rooney
LF - Siggurdson

Net Spend = -£42m

If only i had Keane, couldnt see him coming to Everton with the potential rumoured interest.
Surely i'm onto a winner here. ITK.

Status
Not open for further replies.