Fans who don't "get" our club

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember Frank Mcghee, self opinionated columnist on the Sunday Mirror talking codswallop about us in the seventies. I wrote a sternly worded reprimand, which wasn't published, probably due to the use of foul and abusive language. This was mild in comparison - :rant::rant::rant::rant:
Yes remember that Frank McGee of the Daily Fibber, Jimmy Gabriel got his first under 21 cap for Scotland,me and a mate went over to Wrexham to see him playing ( mad,but there go) bitter cold night and we as in this pub by the ground and Frank McGee was by the bar,he asked us why we were there on such a cold night,we told him we were giving Jimmy a bit of support, being Evertonians, he said we were mad,very opinionated fella, there again he was most probably right. Haha

Yes remember that Frank McGee of the Daily Fibber, Jimmy Gabriel got his first under 21 cap for Scotland,me and a mate went over to Wrexham to see him playing ( mad,but there go) bitter cold night and we as in this pub by the ground and Frank McGee was by the bar,he asked us why we were there on such a cold night,we told him we were giving Jimmy a bit of support, being Evertonians, he said we were mad,very opinionated fella, there again he was most probably right. Haha
Self opinionated know all, like some on here. :oops:

would be interesting actually to have a thread asking who would be happy to have Rafael as manager ... but give your age along with your answer.
Provacative maybe but could also back up/dismiss some peoples thoughts on the matter.

Not all of these are clueless beauts of course but they do make up a large percentage of the nonsense which is spouted. Liverpool and Man Utd support has been utterly ruined by them and if we're successful I expect us to go the same way.

It's funny when people believe just being born in a city makes their points more intelligent and their opinions more valid than others.

If you're born in Liverpool, you'll know what it means to be a part of that city. Being from that city will define a part of who you are as a person, so you'll identify with the club on a much more personal level. It'll 'often' mean you support them more passionately than others, true, but not always.

One thing it won't do though, is make your posts better than people who aren't born in the same city, or make your opinion on a player or how the team played more valid, because you've been to more games.

In your world you like to think all wools, yanks and youngsters aren't as intelligent as you.

Truth is there's going to be scousers, wools, yanks and young people that are smarter than you, same for me.

Some people knock the wools and foreigners that support the club and try and invalidate their opinions with snide comments, shame really as if people really want the club to do well they should be encouraging people to support the club wherever they're from, not trying to put them down.

Last edited:
would be interesting actually to have a thread asking who would be happy to have Rafael as manager ... but give your age along with your answer.
Provacative maybe but could also back up/dismiss some peoples thoughts on the matter.

The two stroppiest replies were from nippers despite me not actually accusing them of anything.

It's funny when people believe just being born in a city makes their points more intelligent and their opinions more valid than others.

If you're born in Liverpool, you'll know what it means to be a part of that city. Being from that city will define a part of who you are as a person, so you'll identify with the club on a much more personal level. It'll 'often' mean you support them more passionately than others, true, but not always.

One thing it won't do though, is make your posts better than people who aren't born in the same city, or make your opinion on a player or how the team played more valid, because you've been to more games.

In your world you like to think all wools, yanks and youngsters aren't as intelligent as you.

Truth is there's going to be scousers, wools, yanks and young people that are smarter than you, same for me.

Some people knock the wools and foreigners that support the club and try and invalidate their opinions with snide comments, shame really as if people really want the club to do well they should be encouraging people to support the club wherever they're from, not trying to put them down.
I wouldn't be so sensitive mate traditionally I think our fan base would have been locals spreading out as far as north wales so it stands to reason as our fan base has dramatically increased over the years with most new fans coming from outside the city that more balloon heads would from outside would end up following us and would maybe be acting different to what we're used to, which the thread is about. The Knob t fan ratio is prob similar for Scousers but we've had them for years.

I wouldn't be so sensitive mate traditionally I think our fan base would have been locals spreading out as far as north wales so it stands to reason as our fan base has dramatically increased over the years with most new fans coming from outside the city that more balloon heads would from outside would end up following us and would maybe be acting different to what we're used to, which the thread is about. The Knob t fan ratio is prob similar for Scousers but we've had them for years.

Sorry if I took it the wrong way. It wasn't really meant as an attack on you, more of a defence of wools.

Some wools aren't that well informed but there's many that are passionate and knowledgeable about the team. In terms of dedication I admire a lot of the fans overseas who get up at silly hours in order to watch the team, not sure I could do that and I love watching Everton play.

I think in general most fans who aren't from Liverpool are pretty decent fans. The glory supporters who can barely name their teams players tend to support the United's and Liverpool's.

I think most of our fans love Everton and football in general. I think that's the thing that unites everyone on here, wherever we're from.

Status
Not open for further replies.