Fans in general

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly you’re absolutely correct. We assume that players and managers are super-human and aren’t affected by unrest amongst the fans and booing and abuse etc. But that’s a fallacy.
The fiasco has cost us at least 20 points and possibly our PL status.

But the "uber blues" won, and that's all that matters...

We were. I feel like that's gone now too. Wolves play acting had us riled up and then it just fizzled out to silence. Goodison in the past would've gone tribal and ended up snarling for 90 mins. It's dead. It's been dead for a long, long time (the odd game as an exception). Even away days are dead. Bouncing before the game and HT, then silence in the stands.

I'm so Jekyll and Hyde with my opinion on it all. Half of me agrees that the players/club need to give us something to shout about. The other half watches teams who are drab, still making noise all game and it frustrates me how we can count on one hand times the crowd have made an effort this season. (One of which was because of the protests)
Do you think it’s because the crowd is pretty much the same season ticket holders that have been there for years (including myself)? Are we just beaten down by continual disappointment?

When i first started going the match the atmosphere was so so week in week out but against the perceived better sides was electric. Now its decent against the RS but pretty quiet the rest of the time unless something happens to rile the crowd. This has been a gradual process but has now become habit imo.

Do you think it’s because the crowd is pretty much the same season ticket holders that have been there for years (including myself)? Are we just beaten down by continual disappointment?

When i first started going the match the atmosphere was so so week in week out but against the perceived better sides was electric. Now its decent against the RS but pretty quiet the rest of the time unless something happens to rile the crowd. This has been a gradual process but has now become habit imo.

Yeah, I wouldn't tell a paying fan he has no right to complain I mean Jesus christ I pay about a tenner for all the games where I am (ex-pat) and I still feel short changed!

I do worry though that with relegation hanging over us the whole atmosphere has become so toxic and negative that it could help to drag us down. Many fans seem to have accepted we are going down.
But right or wrong hurling abuse at the players after the games can't be helping!

Hello very much

I’ve never been one to blame the fans for us being currently crap, and certainly not those in the ground.

I’ve always been sympathetic to those who boo at the end of a half.

However I can’t help but thinking this sort of stuff really doesn’t help anyone’s frame of mind;

I mean, he says he’s joking once pulled up but when I said a few weeks ago that once a manager loses his 100% record he’s done for I think I was closer to the bone than even I thought.

We have become the poisoned chalice we always feared and I can’t help think it’s in part down to this.

Thanks for this mate I just blocked him due to this post. What a bell

Sadly you’re absolutely correct. We assume that players and managers are super-human and aren’t affected by unrest amongst the fans and booing and abuse etc. But that’s a fallacy.
Very good point. Let’s hope that we, the fans, are akin to a twelfth man tonight as we were when we played Leeds.

That game was a bit of a lesson to us all about sticking with the team during a match. Yeah thinks weren't looking good for long periods of the match. But football is 90 minutes long, or 108 minutes sometimes too, and sometimes you have to earn your right to win a game before you land the win.

By all means have a moan at full time when players don't perform, but when a game is in the balance, parking the frustrations can be the wiser thing to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.