Fans Forum voting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just have online polls with whatever questions they have and send them to registered season ticket/fan club members, then use that feedback to steer decisions, instead of having a dozen or so randomers being intimidated into saying whatever they feel the club wants them to say.

He didn`t go in all guns blazing, as he knew he`d get canned, so went with a tactical approach.

He`d done a load of research and had a dossier of " hard questions " which he introduced once all the "nicey nicey " inconsequential stuff had been dealt with.

He used to be one of the International Marketing Managers for a global firm, so he was more than used to the environment and the tactics used in meetings to deflect etc.

In a nut shell all of his hard questions were batted away as " not being the right time or the right place " and he was taken off the panel / replaced.

Mate ask him if he fancies moderating here...

giphy.gif

and it appears that I've stood in dog shoite in my best trabs

Just have online polls with whatever questions they have and send them to registered season ticket/fan club members, then use that feedback to steer decisions, instead of having a dozen or so randomers being intimidated into saying whatever they feel the club wants them to say.
That already happens to be fair - there's an online Fans Panel which anyone can sign up for and receive pretty regular surveys on. It's the main way the club are consulting on Bramley-Moore and they used it for the kit consultation last year, amongst other things.

That already happens to be fair - there's an online Fans Panel which anyone can sign up for and receive pretty regular surveys on. It's the main way the club are consulting on Bramley-Moore and they used it for the kit consultation last year, amongst other things.
well if the ground 1 goes the same way as the kit 1 then god help us.

I mean what answers did folk give to come up with that design, I reckon theat either they do it 7 all replies got to the recycle bin or the questions are loaded in a way that produces the answer they want by being repeated in a way that draws different answers if the 1st time didnt give them the reqd answer.
those kind of things are rife in recruitment and online 'testing.'

My mate went for it a few years ago and got knocked back, due to being anti Kenwright.

He`s an educated, eloquent lad and wanted answers to balanced and reasonable questions that he`d complied.

They don`t want anyone who`s going to rock the boat.

Tbf, I've known people to be on the Fans Forum and be massively anti Kenwright, so I wouldn't be 100% that was the reason he was knocked back.

My mate went for it a few years ago and got knocked back, due to being anti Kenwright.

He`s an educated, eloquent lad and wanted answers to balanced and reasonable questions that he`d complied.

They don`t want anyone who`s going to rock the boat.
That's the UK from top to bottom since William of Normandy, the utter blert.

Maybe if GOT or some other fans forum gave all the candidates a platform to voice their opinions , ideas and vision for the club it would give the fans the chance to cast their vote in an educated way.
The forum or platform would have to be set up with strict rules and heavily moderated to ensure fairness and civility
If the club were on board with this they could direct fans to the relevant forum to help them make up their minds.
I don’t know if the Mods on GOT and Toffeeweb and TEF are in contact but if so and this could be arranged I think it could be beneficial
Agree. But this isn't the way democracy works in the uk. When was the last time the interested parties, media or voters looked beyond the colour of the rosette the candidate was wearing? It's a clandestine closed shop with a veneer of democracy. Part of how the Norman class system rules.

Last edited:
Does the 'fans forum' actually engage with fans themselves? Or are they really seen as the voice of fans by the club without finding out what the voice wants?

All I ever see from the Twitter account is blog posts which are more like mini marketing pieces about initiatives the club are doing or they moan about safe standing.

Status
Not open for further replies.