Fans Forum voting

Status
Not open for further replies.
The club did heavily promote the consultation with the fans forum on the launch of it - there was images with the fans forum with that crest, and quotes from the existing chairman.

For me it was a significant potential negative of the fans forum, the ability to in effect rail road it as ticking the "fan engagement" box.

To be fair they learned from it with the revised crest, allowing the fan base as a whole to vote etc - just as Man Utd did with their season ticket cards.

So whoever joins the fans forum for me, needs to have confidence to challenge to prevent this;

So all nominees, please do have courage in your conviction if you join the fans forum ;)

@davek

The club did heavily promote the consultation with the fans forum on the launch of it - there was images with the fans forum with that crest, and quotes from the existing chairman.

For me it was a significant potential negative of the fans forum, the ability to in effect rail road it as ticking the "fan engagement" box.

To be fair they learned from it with the revised crest, allowing the fan base as a whole to vote etc - just as Man Utd did with their season ticket cards.

So whoever joins the fans forum for me, needs to have confidence to challenge to prevent this;

So all nominees, please do have courage in your conviction if you join the fans forum ;)

[Edit] To avoid this...

The club have deleted the pages now, but;

https://web.archive.org/web/2013052...ive/2013/05/25/evolution-of-the-everton-crest

https://web.archive.org/web/20130529170903/http://www.evertonfc.com/crestevolution

https://web.archive.org/web/20130529171215/http://www.evertonfc.com/consulting-the-fans

fans1.jpg

fans2.jpg

fans3.jpg

Fans’ Forum chairman, Tony Bott, said: “To see the changes that we suggested integrated really did show to us that the Club listened and took our ideas on board. As a representative body for the fans, the Fans’ Forum was there to put its view over for the wider fan-base.

"The Club listened and passed on our feedback before returning with amended versions."

And then...

https://www.grandoldteam.com/2013/05/27/poll-99-33-percent-hate-new-everton-badge/

Images here

fans1.jpg
fans2.jpg
fans3.jpg

(May have come across as a little negative towards the fans forum, not my intention - I rate it, think it's an excellent concept but it can be counter productive if the club only allows passive members and if the club over estimates it's true representation - as they did, and acknowledged were wrong to do with the crest - hence the crest being mentioned/reminder)

How else could they do it? It's by vote, though it does seem they moderate who gets through to the voting stage.

My mate went for it a few years ago and got knocked back, due to being anti Kenwright.

He`s an educated, eloquent lad and wanted answers to balanced and reasonable questions that he`d complied.

They don`t want anyone who`s going to rock the boat.

My mate went for it a few years ago and got knocked back, due to being anti Kenwright.

He`s an educated, eloquent lad and wanted answers to balanced and reasonable questions that he`d complied.

They don`t want anyone who`s going to rock the boat.

How did he know that was the reason? As said before, best to not just allow passive fans but they are letting fans vote now aren't they?

Still though, not sure how else they could do it - not everyone is going to be able to get on the fans forum so there will always be a few who are aggrieved. Any ideas? Perhaps rotate it more often...

How did he know that was the reason? As said before, best to not just allow passive fans but they are letting fans vote now aren't they?

Still though, not sure how else they could do it - not everyone is going to be able to get on the fans forum so there will always be a few who are aggrieved. Any ideas? Perhaps rotate it more often...

He got voted onto it and then got removed / replaced when he started asking hard questions at his first "fans forum ".

Maybe if GOT or some other fans forum gave all the candidates a platform to voice their opinions , ideas and vision for the club it would give the fans the chance to cast their vote in an educated way.
The forum or platform would have to be set up with strict rules and heavily moderated to ensure fairness and civility
If the club were on board with this they could direct fans to the relevant forum to help them make up their minds.
I don’t know if the Mods on GOT and Toffeeweb and TEF are in contact but if so and this could be arranged I think it could be beneficial

He got voted onto it and then got removed / replaced when he started asking hard questions at his first "fans forum ".

That doesn't sound good - any idea on type of questions?

If he just went storming in saying Kenwright out, then that wouldn't really work.

It's more stuff like, the temperature of sausage rolls and...

Untitled-2.jpg

Maybe if GOT or some other fans forum gave all the candidates a platform to voice their opinions , ideas and vision for the club it would give the fans the chance to cast their vote in an educated way.
The forum or platform would have to be set up with strict rules and heavily moderated to ensure fairness and civility
If the club were on board with this they could direct fans to the relevant forum to help them make up their minds.
I don’t know if the Mods on GOT and Toffeeweb and TEF are in contact but if so and this could be arranged I think it could be beneficial

I think the best way for big decisions is what Man Utd regularly do mate, and EFC did with the current crest.

Find an independent agency, and have them survey the entire fan base and draw conclusions. The club then need to have the leaders/nous to challenge those conclusions against the likes of the fans forum etc.

In my view, GOT, and other fan sites only represent the people who engage with that platform.

That doesn't sound good - any idea on type of questions?

If he just went storming in saying Kenwright out, then that wouldn't really work.

It's more stuff like, the temperature of sausage rolls and...

View attachment 43727

I think the best way for big decisions is what Man Utd regularly do mate, and EFC did with the current crest.

Find an independent agency, and have them survey the entire fan base and draw conclusions. The club then need to have the leaders/nous to challenge those conclusions against the likes of the fans forum etc.

In my view, GOT, and other fan sites only represent the people who engage with that platform.

He didn`t go in all guns blazing, as he knew he`d get canned, so went with a tactical approach.

He`d done a load of research and had a dossier of " hard questions " which he introduced once all the "nicey nicey " inconsequential stuff had been dealt with.

He used to be one of the International Marketing Managers for a global firm, so he was more than used to the environment and the tactics used in meetings to deflect etc.

In a nut shell all of his hard questions were batted away as " not being the right time or the right place " and he was taken off the panel / replaced.

Status
Not open for further replies.