Fall From Grace!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HalewoodBlue

Player Valuation: £8m
http://upthesaddlers.com/wp/archives/2008/08/04/ex-arsenal-and-everton-man-signs/

The club has made the official announcement this morning about the signing of Stephen Hughes, as expected following his appearance at Port Vale on Saturday.
The central midfielder is a player whose career has looked on more than one occasion like taking off, but has never quite done so.
He started his career at Arsenal under Arsene Wenger, (also going on loan to Fulham), before moving to Everton for £3 million, but never really made it there, being freed after 33 appearances.
He then went to Watford, but was never a success there due to injury and finally moved to Charlton in 2003. He failed to make any appearances for the London club and finally seemed to find a settled home at Coventry, for whom he made 144 league starts.
He moved to the Saddlers, where he has been appointed Captain, despite having been offered a new contract (on reduced terms) by Coventry and being on trial at Nottingham Forest.
He’s 6 foot and 31 years of age.

Was tipped as the next big thing when we signed him, but was awful

http://upthesaddlers.com/wp/archives/2008/08/04/ex-arsenal-and-everton-man-signs/

The club has made the official announcement this morning about the signing of Stephen Hughes, as expected following his appearance at Port Vale on Saturday.
The central midfielder is a player whose career has looked on more than one occasion like taking off, but has never quite done so.
He started his career at Arsenal under Arsene Wenger, (also going on loan to Fulham), before moving to Everton for £3 million, but never really made it there, being freed after 33 appearances.
He then went to Watford, but was never a success there due to injury and finally moved to Charlton in 2003. He failed to make any appearances for the London club and finally seemed to find a settled home at Coventry, for whom he made 144 league starts.
He moved to the Saddlers, where he has been appointed Captain, despite having been offered a new contract (on reduced terms) by Coventry and being on trial at Nottingham Forest.
He’s 6 foot and 31 years of age.

Was tipped as the next big thing when we signed him, but was awful

Agreed think he has a leauge winners medal, was better then Danny Willliamson though, who? exactly!

I knew signing Stephen Hughes would be a bad signing because my sister fancied him.

She has a bad trakc record of fancying players and them being good.

Players she fancied...
John Oster
Michael Branch
Stephen Hughes
John Collins
Danny Cadamateri
Andrei Kanchelskis (Ok this one is debateable because he was good)

I knew signing Stephen Hughes would be a bad signing because my sister fancied him.

She has a bad trakc record of fancying players and them being good.

Players she fancied...
John Oster
Michael Branch
Stephen Hughes
John Collins
Danny Cadamateri
Andrei Kanchelskis (Ok this one is debateable because he was good)

Tell her to fancy phil neville!

Status
Not open for further replies.