2020/21 Fabian Delph

Status
Not open for further replies.
Be interested when he inevitably writes a book what he says about his time here.

"I couldn't believe my luck when my agent rang saying Everton were interested. I'd told my missus and kids that we'd probably be moving to the USA because MLS looked most likely for my next challenge, but when another team in the Premier League that was just down the road from where I already was came in, I could have jumped in the air and kicked my feet together.

"A 3 year deal, brilliant. I wouldn't have to move house at all and the manager the Director of Football was promising lots of other big name players would be coming in too. I played the first few games and felt good, but the results weren't the best. Marco Silva the manager was trying hard on the training pitch every day but seemed to be cracking under the pressure, it was all too obvious that he was out of depth. Then I inevitably got hurt again and had to sit out until Christmas. I played in a Merseyside derby at Anfield in one of my first games back, by which time Silva was gone and Carlo Ancelotti had been brought in. Liverpool were playing mostly their reserve players, but these lads seemed to have iron lungs and were all over us for the 90 minutes. In the end we lost 1-0 after a wonder strike out of the blue. In the days after the game some idiot someone got my private number and starting sending me horrible messages, calling me and my family everything you can think of. I told him where to go and that he wouldn't dare say all this stuff to my face.

"The second season under Ancelotti started great, we won our first 7 games and were flying. I managed to get fully fit again and was picked to play away at Burnley. He'd asked me to play as a wing-back which wasn't one of my usual positions, but I agreed to give it a go. About 20 minutes in, after my first real sprint, I felt my hamstring just go completely. I knew immediately it was a bad tear, and that now I'd be out again for while. Frustrating, but this was only my second year, I still had over 18 months left on my deal so I knew I was covered. America can keep on waiting."

Last edited:
Be interested when he inevitably writes a book what he says about his time here.

"I couldn't believe my luck when my agent rang saying Everton were interested. I'd told my missus and kids that we'd probably be moving to the USA because MLS looked most likely for my next challenge, but when another team in the Premier League that was just down the road from where I already was came in, I could have jumped in the air and kicked my feet together.

"A 3 year deal, brilliant. I wouldn't have to move house at all and the manager the Director of Football was promising lots of other big name players would be coming in too. I played the first few games and felt good, but the results weren't the best. Marco Silva the manager was trying hard on the training pitch every day but seemed to be cracking under the pressure, it was all too obvious that he was out of depth. Then I inevitably got hurt again and had to sit out until Christmas. I played in a Merseyside derby at Anfield in one of my first games back, by which time Silva was gone and Carlo Ancelotti had been brought in. Liverpool were playing mostly their reserve players, but these lads seemed to have iron lungs and were all over us for the 90 minutes. In the end we lost 1-0 after a wonder strike out of the blue. In the days after the game some idiot someone got my private number and starting sending me horrible messages, calling me and my family everything you can think of. I told him where to go and that he wouldn't dare say all this stuff to my face.

"The second season under Ancelotti started great, we won our first 7 games and were flying. I managed to get fully fit again and was picked to play away at Burnley. He'd asked me to play as a wing-back which wasn't one of my usual positions, but I agreed to give it a go. About 20 minutes in, after my first real sprint, I felt my hamstring just go completely. I knew immediately it was a bad tear, and that now I'd be out again for while. Frustrating, but this was only my second year, I still had over 18 months left on my deal so I knew I was covered. America can keep on waiting."

If Delph wrote that, there would be at least 25 spelling mistakes and blood on the pages from injuring himself writing.

I have not been impressed by Trusthouse. He's a permanent sick note and on the very odd occasion he plays, he reminds me of Ray Wilkins...ie never passes forward.

When we were linked with him at Leeds I didn't think that much of him. Was made up when Villa bought him instead.
He must have some ability but I've never seen it although tbh I never watched him much. Watched him play for England and was another one of those lauded English players who ran around a bit and passed the ball 5 yard's. Was amazed we were linked with him as his injury record was terrible.
But all credit to him for screwing Everton out of so much money. There must be a book somewhere with details on how players like him and Besic are able to screw Everton out of so much money for doing nothing

Time to cut our losses and expect to not use him for the rest of his time here. We cannot rely him at all. Use his “leadership” experience off the pitch. If someone comes up with an offer, great. If not, write him off.

Obviously no 'due diligence' before we wasted nearly £10 million on this absolute pile of merde.
What I don’t understand is how the majority of Evertonians knew that Delph would be a rubbish signing and constantly injured but the mighty Marcel Brands didn’t know this.

The man is paid to know these things. Incredible.

My god its like being there

Status
Not open for further replies.