2019/20 Fabian Delph

Status
Not open for further replies.

We paid next to nothing and still got ripped off. Difficult to see him being here beyond this year unless his injury record drastically improves.
He signed a 3 year deal if I'm not wrong. He's on huge wages. He'll stay until his contract is over. I think he'll end up playing fewer than 50 games for us by 2022 when he inevitably ends up getting released having stole around 15m in wages off us.

He signed a 3 year deal if I'm not wrong. He's on huge wages. He'll stay until his contract is over. I think he'll end up playing fewer than 50 games for us by 2022 when he inevitably ends up getting released having stole around 15m in wages off us.

I really hope 3 years isn´t true. Scandalous if it is.

If we do get relegated, I can think of one consolation.......the likes of Delph, Pickford, Keane, Iceland, Schneiderlin will have clauses in their contracts saying they must be allowed to leave rather than play in the Championship.

There woukd be a massive turnover in staff this summer but who knows, happen we can at last get rid of the overpaid underperformers and start building a football team again.

Butters *sigh*

It's too early to come to any conclusions yet. Although it's not looking good regarding his consistent injuries, the argument can be made, he has shown well in the games he's managed to play.

Once he misses today's game, he's only been available for 6 of the 16 league games and played in 3 league Cup games.

To be available for only 35/40% of matches has really hit us and I think he's probably had a set back they don't want us to know about as he was close to return for the Southampton game apparently.

Apart from the Wolves game I don't think he's looked right at all so maybe there was an underlying issue that hasn't been resolved and we persisted with playing him when he needed to be wrapped in cotton wool for large parts

Status
Not open for further replies.