2019/20 Fabian Delph

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Delph is a stopgap squad player. 3 year contract isnt it?

He'll be gone in two summers.

I like him, he moves the ball with some urgency and clearly was more used to being in a team playing against a bus that has been parked.

Him and Schneiderlin are a nightmare together tho, neither will create anything. One is enough, second player has to be someone with more creativity at home to Sheff Utd.

I like him, he moves the ball with some urgency and clearly was more used to being in a team playing against a bus that has been parked.

Him and Schneiderlin are a nightmare together tho, neither will create anything. One is enough, second player has to be someone with more creativity at home to Sheff Utd.

I think its Gbamin/Gomes with Delph as 1st choice rotation option.

I think we will bring in one or two to compete for a starting position. Delph may not be more than a 2nd or 3rd choice then and act as left back backup to digne also.

Hes ok...not great but ok.

....as a temporary measure, i’d like to see Delph in that Lee Carsley (Gareth Barry) role, sitting in front of and protecting the two CBs. It requires real discipline to not stray and follow the ball.

Playing two defensive CMs is not making us defensively secure, and both lack quality to ensure we keep possession. Playing just one might actually be more effective.

....as a temporary measure, i’d like to see Delph in that Lee Carsley (Gareth Barry) role, sitting in front of and protecting the two CBs. It requires real discipline to not stray and follow the ball.

Playing two defensive CMs is not making us defensively secure, and both lack quality to ensure we keep possession. Playing just one might actually be more effective.
I agree with this, giving two in front of him to be more positive. We set up far too defensively in the centre of the park without actually achieving any defensive shape.

I think Delph has been a good addition so far, but Barry oozed class in that role and in my opinion Delph is a very different player

Stupid floated balls wide to create a 50-50 in the air do my head in

More the full back starting to make the run and then stopping. Lack of conviction in it more than anything. A low block like that we were against a ball over their full back would work wonders had players switched on more.

...i’m a huge Gareth Barry fan and i’m not comparing the quality of the two players. i’m saying Delph could be tasked with a temporary role of protecting the CBs (and even covering Digne).

Has the energy for it. Would a require a three in midfield though and not a two holding, one in the 10 role. Delph tries to be so positive on the ball and also moves it with urgency. He is nothing special delph, but he does the basics well which others seem to struggle with.

Has a good understanding of the quicker the ball moves the harder it is to defend, yet everyone around him wanted 4/5 touches every time.

You have to love it when he is supposedly behind Gbamin in the pecking order ! The man who is injured and has played a game and a bit and is now the rock are going to build on.Yes the same guy who was slated for being out of touch ,yes that's him.Our saviour in blue. I like the guy and think he will be a good signing but come on guys!

More the full back starting to make the run and then stopping. Lack of conviction in it more than anything. A low block like that we were against a ball over their full back would work wonders had players switched on more.
No some of those balls he played on Saturday were just absolutely awful. He was playing balls to peoples head out wide. Nothing to do with their runs, he was picking out people standing still and just chipping it to them/over their heads.

I think he'll prove to be very similar to Neville, plenty of promising words and interviews but sadly not much quality on the pitch.

I'd be more than happy to be proved wrong but he just doesn't impress me at all as a player.

Status
Not open for further replies.