2019/20 Fabian Delph

Status
Not open for further replies.
2009 when he opted for Villa saying that we were done as a big club and saw the Midland team as a team where he would flourish.
Proceeded to sustain a bad injury keeping him out of the side playing regularly. Karma, said Tommy.
Dunno. He's now injured getting a whopping wage from us for doing nothing.

Dunno. He's now injured getting a whopping wage from us for doing nothing.
Let's put this one to bed. His reasons for going to Villa didn't exactly turn out as he wished. Me, and a few others rejoiced in his misfortune.
I agree he did ok with his move to City despite his injury record and his subsequent move to us whereby he's getting paid a fortune keeping the physio's table warm. Such is the nature of modern football.

I've always believed he could be valuable to us but his fitness is truly dreadful. We have too many players like that and most of them are on huge wages.

If we can sell him (and hopefully for around what we paid last summer), we should offload his wages.

If he stays then when fit he'll be very useful for us.

Yeah, understand the frustration with his being on our books, but the hate seems to go above and beyond that. ;)
A lot of truth in that. I also think him being called out for having a pop at some the players by effectively calling them garbage by some posters a bit rich. Not only was he correct, but it is also what many on GOT were doing themselves.
By no means my favourite player, but, he is a Blue, an International, and, was bought by Pep,so he can't be all bad.
Give him some game time with better players who actually might be arsed, and, who knows, we could all be pleasantly surprised.I mean, in his first few games he looked more than half decent

Off topic, but by any chance you are John from the LGS?.

Personally, I don't feel that Delph is as bad as a lot of people make out. He does seem to have a bit of an attitude and an overly elevated opinion of himself; he is a decent enough player though. Unfortunately for all concerned, the lad has had a terrible time with injuries since signing for us, but the club knew his injury history and knew that bringing him here was always going to be a gamble that could, and appears did, backfire ... thems the breaks.

A lot of truth in that. I also think him being called out for having a pop at some the players by effectively calling them garbage by some posters a bit rich. Not only was he correct, but it is also what many on GOT were doing themselves.
By no means my favourite player, but, he is a Blue, an International, and, was bought by Pep,so he can't be all bad.
Give him some game time with better players who actually might be arsed, and, who knows, we could all be pleasantly surprised.I mean, in his first few games he looked more than half decent

Off topic, but by any chance you are John from the LGS?.
He's a bad bellend. He calls out the team whilst being one of the worst performers that day and then goes on to score an oggy. He's a terrible teammate.

Sick of him being injured, I know that's not his fault, don't think he will be going anywhere like a few on here said he will be used as cover for left back .

Let's put this one to bed. His reasons for going to Villa didn't exactly turn out as he wished. Me, and a few others rejoiced in his misfortune.
I agree he did ok with his move to City despite his injury record and his subsequent move to us whereby he's getting paid a fortune keeping the physio's table warm. Such is the nature of modern football.
I don't know what to make of him mate because I've barely seen him play. It's almost comical he would slag us off then end up getting a fat wedge while contributing nothing. That's really where I'm at. I'm not bothered about the Twitter thing. That's my thoughts on the matter

Status
Not open for further replies.