2019/20 Fabian Delph

Status
Not open for further replies.
A 'lunge'. Far from it. The Watford player showed enough of the ball to warrant a challenge. The challenge was not over physical. Doubtless if Delph hadn't put the challenge in and the player had suddenly whipped in a cross onto Deeney's head there'd have been uproar amongst Blues. For years now we've been calling for our sides to 'get stuck in' rather than watch the opposition having time to control the ball, look for the pass, and then play the pass, without any Everton player putting up any kind of physical challenge. We need to make up our minds.
Of course the amount of criticism being aimed at Delph is significantly due to his social media exchanges and one or two other media comments. But let's not let this cloud judgement of his performances on the field. I agree with many others -- he is not good enough to take us on to a higher level. But then that goes for nearly every player on the books.

The thing is he gave away a stupid foul that led to West Ham’s goal, launched the ball to Newcastle from the kick off after they scored their first & then got sent off against Watford. With his experience he has got to do a lot better.

ha coupe was going no where. On the touch line shielding the ball. All of a sudden he’s prime Beckham whipping in assists from no where.

it’s a clumsy stupid challenge from a player who supposedly has been brought in for his experience and leadership. Absolutely brain dead.

We would be moaning if he didn't put a challenge in either.

He didn't lunge at all. He stayed straight and just put a foot out for the ball.

I suppose it depends on what you view a lunge to be really. Quite simply the Watford player cheated and we got punished for it.

he done something he didn't need to do, give the ref a reason to send him off

you think that Watford player is the only player who is going to go down like that and blag a card?

he was going nowhere and he was already on a yellow, it was stupid

I don't actually think he's a bad player, he just seems like a massive bellend and he HAS been responsible for goals against us in the last 3 games

he done something he didn't need to do, give the ref a reason to send him off

you think that Watford player is the only player who is going to go down like that and blag a card?

he was going nowhere and he was already on a yellow, it was stupid

I don't actually think he's a bad player, he just seems like a massive bellend and he HAS been responsible for goals against us in the last 3 games

The only thing he did was go near the ball. He didn't touch their player.

You are not wrong that he isn't the only player who is going to go down but its still wrong. I also get the feeling that if it was another player, Richarlison for example, we would all be fuming and jumping to his defence. He doesn't help himself of course but he really was hard done by.

I don't put him down as responsible for the Newcastle goal, a lot had to happen between his hoof up the pitch and them scoring.

The thing is he gave away a stupid foul that led to West Ham’s goal, launched the ball to Newcastle from the kick off after they scored their first & then got sent off against Watford. With his experience he has got to do a lot better.
Don't forget that he gave the ball away for Watford's second goal as well. A little rest away from the first team will do him good.

You are not wrong that he isn't the only player who is going to go down but its still wrong. I also get the feeling that if it was another player, Richarlison for example, we would all be fuming and jumping to his defence. He doesn't help himself of course but he really was hard done by.

I don't put him down as responsible for the Newcastle goal, a lot had to happen between his hoof up the pitch and them scoring.
The referee and the linesman who was right by the incident allowed themselves to be conned by the WHU player who made a meal of a clean tackle, some fans say he shouldn’t have made the tackle, I’d say we’ve got more than enough players who shirk the tackling side of the game, most of them play in midfield as well, Tom Davies is not one of them, you all know who the others are.

The last decision was a disgrace by a sh....ite referee. The Watford clown got him sent off pretending to be injured. The female commentator is an idiot who described his first tackle as terrible. It wasn't terrible at all. he got the ball first. More rubbish refereeing. I know Delph is despised on here, but what about a bit of balance?

I think it was harsh but still in my opinion he doesn't need to even make a challenge.

you have a point about if it was another player, however Richarlison is boss for us, you can cut him more slack given how good he is in general, delph has came in put in some very ordinary displays, he's been a tool to other players thinking he's better than what he is, he's got into a slanging match with a fan, he's making daft mistakes each week costing us goals

in regards to the Newcastle game, it's not just him at fault like but for a premier league champion, England international and someone with his experience to just lump the ball straight back to Newcastle given how long was left was comical

when he starts putting in better performances I think fans will start to cut him more slack

What he was supposed to be doing for Watford's second defies explanation.

Status
Not open for further replies.