2019/20 Fabian Delph

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was pleased to see him post an apology on social media. Saying he didn't think the second was a foul let alone a card. I've seen both tackles back now, both times he wins the ball. I can see why he gets a yellow for the first one due to his follow up, but the second one isn't even a foul. The Watford players all ran over to get him sent off. Weak referee and poor linesman

I was pleased to see him post an apology on social media. Saying he didn't think the second was a foul let alone a card. I've seen both tackles back now, both times he wins the ball. I can see why he gets a yellow for the first one due to his follow up, but the second one isn't even a foul. The Watford players all ran over to get him sent off. Weak referee and poor linesman

it was a harsh red overall but to say he got the ball on the second one is just a lie

he lunged in and wasn't even close to the ball, the player made a meal of it like but considering he was already on a yellow it was a daft thing to do

First one is a yellow. As you say, touches the ball but its a bit reckless.

Second one is just nonsense, linesman is the one who says its a yellow I think. Only thing I can think of to possibly justify it, is maybe foul accumulation.

But it was just a nothing challenge, not going anyway, not dangerous, not cynical.

it was a harsh red overall but to say he got the ball on the second one is just a lie

he lunged in and wasn't even close to the ball, the player made a meal of it like but considering he was already on a yellow it was a daft thing to do

I've watched it a few times and he wins the ball

Not sure on the ban, but I've picked up he gifts them their second goal which I didn't realise at the time

PSG were basically nothing until the Arab money
All they have done is spent massive money on top top players..... But not built a team to do anything in the one competition they need to win to be considered as a great team
Just because you spend masses of money on top players doesn’t make you a great team

They are a big club now tho and are one of the best in Europe

First yellow was yellow all day long. Second one, asks the question of the ref, sometimes you get the rub, sometimes you don't. Didn't need to do so was daft.

I'm more annoyed that some of the clunking challenges from Watford that were worse didn't get any cards.

even if he did, he's lunged in on a yellow

it was stupid

in fact he has been very stupid in our last 3 games and had a direct involvement in goals against us in every game

the ban will do the team good I think

He didn't lunge at all. He stayed straight and just put a foot out for the ball.

I suppose it depends on what you view a lunge to be really. Quite simply the Watford player cheated and we got punished for it.

What’s his excuse for the assist for watfords second?

No need to lunge into a tackle on the touch line - brain dead.
A 'lunge'. Far from it. The Watford player showed enough of the ball to warrant a challenge. The challenge was not over physical. Doubtless if Delph hadn't put the challenge in and the player had suddenly whipped in a cross onto Deeney's head there'd have been uproar amongst Blues. For years now we've been calling for our sides to 'get stuck in' rather than watch the opposition having time to control the ball, look for the pass, and then play the pass, without any Everton player putting up any kind of physical challenge. We need to make up our minds.
Of course the amount of criticism being aimed at Delph is significantly due to his social media exchanges and one or two other media comments. But let's not let this cloud judgement of his performances on the field. I agree with many others -- he is not good enough to take us on to a higher level. But then that goes for nearly every player on the books.

A 'lunge'. Far from it. The Watford player showed enough of the ball to warrant a challenge. The challenge was not over physical. Doubtless if Delph hadn't put the challenge in and the player had suddenly whipped in a cross onto Deeney's head there'd have been uproar amongst Blues. For years now we've been calling for our sides to 'get stuck in' rather than watch the opposition having time to control the ball, look for the pass, and then play the pass, without any Everton player putting up any kind of physical challenge. We need to make up our minds.
Of course the amount of criticism being aimed at Delph is significantly due to his social media exchanges and one or two other media comments. But let's not let this cloud judgement of his performances on the field. I agree with many others -- he is not good enough to take us on to a higher level. But then that goes for nearly every player on the books.

ha coupe was going no where. On the touch line shielding the ball. All of a sudden he’s prime Beckham whipping in assists from no where.

it’s a clumsy stupid challenge from a player who supposedly has been brought in for his experience and leadership. Absolutely brain dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.