Confirmed Signing Fabian Delph

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is how it feels to be Everton, This is it what it's like to have wealth
We sold Gana and replaced him with Fabian Delph
Fabian Delph

I am not particularly enthused by the Delph signing, Mike but I recall a similar "meh" reaction when we signed Gana.

And if Gana was looking like leaving this time last year not many would have been overly bothered given how ordinary he had been in 17/18.

So I am keeping an open mind about Fabian Delph.

I am not particularly enthused by the Delph signing, Mike but I recall a similar "meh" reaction when we signed Gana.

And if Gana was looking like leaving this time last year not many would have been overly bothered given how ordinary he had been in 17/18.

So I am keeping an open mind about Fabian Delph.

I didn't even know who Gana was when we signed him to be honest

I'll give Delph a chance like I do all Everton players

....Gareth Barry and Paul Power were getting on a bit when we signed them from City, let’s hope Delph can match their outstanding impact.

In all seriousness the list can go on. Andy Gray, Richard Gough, Nigel Martyn were all top top signings irrespective of their age. Players like Campbell, Stubbs, Weir, Neville & Distin also contributed plenty having joined at a similar age to Delph.

Everyone wants to sign younger players, but they have a large fee attached and quite a big risk. Lets be honest here, when we were dumped out of the FA Cup and Silva's job security was wavering did any of the fans stop to make the argument we had the youngest squad in the league and he needed time? Very few articulated such a position. Which is fair enough, but you can't then complain when the manager wants players to come in who hit the ground running from day 1.

The fee isn't enormous in a modern context. If it goes wrong it goes wrong but it's not a Bolasie size mistake.

I like the signing, I think he will play in our best midfield. A spot will be found for him, even if we have to tinker the system a little.

My call is Gana will go and with that fee we will sign an up and coming midfield player and allow them to bed in.

Not sure we need another midfielder when we are desperate for a striker. Still, our chances created will probably go from 20 to 30 per game but our goals scored will stay the same.

No all good on that front, Koeman and Allardyce were both contracted until June 2019, So they have both dropped off the wage bill already.
Does that mean that the only manager we are currently paying is Silva? If so, it's nice to draw a line under all of that nonsense.

Not sure we need another midfielder when we are desperate for a striker. Still, our chances created will probably go from 20 to 30 per game but our goals scored will stay the same.

We can still sign other players.

Our wastefulness is not down to just not having a better striker though.

Status
Not open for further replies.