Confirmed Signing Fabian Delph

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn’t Joyce the first to be bang on with his fee? £8.5m + £1.5m add ons.

I thought he wasn’t getting info anymore? My take is that he’s still very much in the loop but a couple of straight talking articles has annoyed some fans.
I thought he was late to almost everything last summer which is why people think he's been cut out.

I'm underwhelmed by him and then some but will get behind him as with all the others when they put on the jersey.

This signing becomes better if we shift McCarthy and Besic out.

I guess people want the glamour signings first and then those that add depth but you can't have it every way.

Hoping we can go on to do some good business on younger players and then this signing becomes more acceptable.

Let's wait and see what the next few weeks bring.

If Besic goes for circa 6m then Delph is a direct replacement for him and Robinson.

Antonee could blossom into a good player but he was never getting that chance with Digne here, and Mo has sadly broken down too many times and never shown any consistency.

Delph can play comfortably in both their roles, and is good enough to actually start games unlike those 2.

Solid trading that.

Happy with this signing. Winning mindset, experienced, good fee, and provides more dangerous options in the midfield.

Now get a striker and we will be in business!

COYB!

Didn't have him in mind when thinking about summer signings so can't say I'm excited. Anyway, still a few weeks left for Brands to buy Benzema, Marcelo, Modric and Suarez to replace Niasse.

Id have to see this meaning Besic, McCarthy and Snides are all gone. No place for them, and Gomes, Gana, Delph, and Davies seem plenty for those spots. Could get 20 million from their sales so could free up a little extra to get a forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.