Confirmed Signing Fabian Delph

Status
Not open for further replies.
guys just remember when man city signed delph they had already won the league title twice, an fa cup and a league cup in the modern prem era

they weren't a team trying to be good signing no mark players like jo and roque santa cruz

this is team that already had likes of aguero,kompany, fernandinho, silva etc

If the rumoured fee is real and he's going to come here as squad depth, it could be pretty good business - IF he wants to be here. I'd rather have him than Schneiderlin to be honest.

If he's coming here to be in our Starting XI week in week out I'm not a fan

I guess this comes to whether he's going to be a starter or a back up player really

Let's face it, he's worse than Gana, so if he's Gana's replacement then that's bad

He's at very worst on par with Schneider lin and McCarthy, if not better, so if he's replacing them then that's okay

Agree. He's better than any midfielder not named Gueye, Sigurdsson or Gomes.

Sometines you have to read between the lines with theses signings. Delph as a bloke is well thought of in the England setup and to be honest, sometimes you need squad players who will not be cry arses when the don't play every week. I think he falls into this category.

He is a double winner, a current England International and 8 mil is less than some unproven Championship players have gone for this summer. No brainer at that price.

Good signing for a low fee. It's all about the strength of your squad in the modern game. Delph has been surrounded by class for a few years, been coached by one of the best so making the move here will be good if he can provide a winning mentality in a club starved of it.

He's not a big name or an attractive signing but he's a sensible one.

Worrying signing, will be on no less than 100k a week at the age of 30

Think this is evidence of our current situation regarding transfer funds

Status
Not open for further replies.