CB Li Weifeng
LB David Burrows

RM Niclas Alexandersson
CM Claus Thomsen
CM Mitch Ward
LM Peter Degn

ST Brett Angell
ST John Spencer

Manager Mike Walker (although Kendall III was just horrible)

A few mentions for:
Alex Nyarko (Worst buy ever. Showed so much promise but by Christmas was like a fan on the pitch... a Liverpool fan)
Earl Barrett (disgrace that he replaced Matt Jackson who was key in the FA Cup success)

I don't think it is fair to include some of the pensioners as they were just past it rather than poor footballers (Ginola, Hughes etc)

The one thing I realise is that we have been cursed with some absolute dross in the prem era... especially at the start when it was key to establish yourself for champions league money.

Neville, worst ever Premier League 11? Come off it. I was wanting him gone for about two years before he stopped playing but no chance. He was ok in midfield and a decent enough right back for the majority of his career with us. His last season was horrific and I was calling for the likes of Junior and Lundstram to be played ahead of him, but he wasn't always that bad.

Premiership era:

Glk :Iain Turner
RB: Marc Hottinger
CB: John Heitinga
CB: Slaven Billic
LB: John O'Kane

RM: Mitch Ward
CM: Claus Thomsen
LM: John Oster

ST: John Spencer
ST: Stuart Barlow
ST: Brett Angel

Completely forgot Spencer played for us. Looked him up - only 9 games and zero goals. Quality.

Li Weifeng only played once, away at Southampton, and had a decent game. Pretty sure we signed him by mistake (wanted Li Tie).

We have had an extroadinary amount of awful right backs mind.

Li Weifeng only played once, away at Southampton, and had a decent game. Pretty sure we signed him by mistake (wanted Li Tie).

We have had an extroadinary amount of awful right backs mind.

We got him and Li Tie as part of the sponsorship deal. I don't think even Bill would have flown over to China and come back with the wrong player "err I'm here for some guy called Li, plays football, think he's Chinese"

We got him and Li Tie as part of the sponsorship deal. I don't think even Bill would have
flown over to China and come back with the wrong player "err I'm here for some guy called Li, plays football, think he's Chinese"

Ha! We signed Lie Tie slightly later though. We had a pick of a player during some sort of sponsors trip and i'm sure something was lost in translation. Li Tie arrived a week or so afterwards and Li Weifeng was sent back not too long afterwards.

Baardsen played one game. I'd go for Simonsen,..he was consistently bad
Tiler was pretty decent...I'd go for Xavier over him. John Okane was one of the worst players I have ever seen in an everton shirt...worse than Alec Cleland. Phelan was pretty good...I'd go for David Burrows at LB

Claus Thomsen has to be in there, as does Danny Williamson, Big Bad Brett, Mike Milligan, that short @sre Swede...I can't remember his name....Jees there are way too many,

I Think you mean Tobias Linderoth. It's weird he was sooo good for sweden...we still miss him in our midfield. To bad he sucked at Everton...

Can't believe a couple of people have mentioned Neville. Need their heads examining to put him in with this sort of company.

By the way, we've had some truly TERRIBLE right backs...

Barrett, Cleland, Tony Thomas, Mitch Ward, Hottiger, O'Kane, Holmes....

Jigsaw should deffo be in there. An honorary mention for Gary Naysmith as well? 134 appearances and for at least a hundred of those he was pyay balls.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jigsaw should deffo be in their. An honorary mention for Gary Naysmith as well? 134 appearances and for at least a hundred of those he was shocking.

Gary Naysmith > Nuno Valente > Alessandro Pistone

God Pistone was so crap... anyone remember when he kicked it out of the stadium?

Although the fact we have arguably the best LB in the world now makes up for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.