Homepage Article Everton's Statement On European Super League

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was wondering if our lads will be wearing a T-shirt with a message
for the Shameless six, on Friday, and if so any suggestions ?

Like I said, you would hope those clubs would suffer similar punishment in their own leagues. That would only be fair.

The players leaving would have reduced options in that way, but I don't see why it would be unfair for them to walk to next best available option. It is after all, not the players fault.
Yes we all hope the other clubs are punished the same way, but I can’t see any governing body punishing clubs that effect that clubs financially, especially RM and Barca who are already in dire financial trouble.

Yes we all hope the other clubs are punished the same way, but I can’t see any governing body punishing clubs that effect that clubs financially, especially RM and Barca who are already in dire financial trouble.
Which is the problem. Essentially, they are above punishment, so they can continue to do what they like.

Media need to do one with don't penalise the fans crap. Someone on twitter hit the nail on the head, if clubs are penalised for fan behaviour then fans should be penalised for club behaviour

This.
We're always getting told how...'were all in this together' and other such guff

Exactly. The fans benefit from and are penalised by the decisions and actions of their owners on a literal daily basis. Managers being hired and fired, sponsorship deals, players signed on ginormous contracts, players sold for business reasons.

Why is this any different?

The sub text here is "Don't punish the collusion we were complicit in because some of our fairweather fans won't follow us for a few years".

The issue with European bans is then it makes the league have a whole load of meaningless fixtures.
The very thing being argued against.

Exactly. The fans benefit from and are penalised by the decisions and actions of their owners on a literal daily basis. Managers being hired and fired, sponsorship deals, players signed on ginormous contracts, players sold for business reasons.

Why is this any different?

The sub text here is "Don't punish the collusion we were complicit in because some of our fairweather fans won't follow us for a few years".
Hit them in the Bottom Line...its all they understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.